Pickaway County migration to Ohio MARCS - June 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hot off the press...

After two years of preparation and testing, Pickaway County will migrate to Ohio MARCS during the month of June.

June 1 - Fire/EMS testing (24 hours), all operations on the new system
June 5-7 - Fire/EMS testing (48 hours), all operations on the new system
June 8 - Law enforcement testing (3 hours)
June 11 - Fire migrates permanently to new system
June 13 - Law enforcement testing (8 hours), all operations on the new system
June 18 - Law enforcement testing (8hours), all operations on the new system
June 20-22 - Law enforcement testing (48 hours), all operations on the new system
June 26 - All law enforcement operations migrate to new system

On testing dates, operations will revert to the EDACS system once testing is done for the day. The EDACS system will be discontinued once migration is complete.

Mike

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have been listening to Circleville PD, they have been on MARCS for a while now. I hear fire once in a while too, both off the Circleville Site tower behind the Sheriff's Office, no encryption heard yet, using my Unication G4, and when mobile with my HP-2. The site sounds great.

Last edited:

mike4nzix

I'm curious: What does the testing sound like?

It's probably not Pickaway County since I've been wildcard monitoring the Lancaster site in Fairfield County the last few nights with a Unication G5 (unless a radio is somehow affiliating with the somewhat nearby Christmas Rock Road site), but there has been odd traffic late at night on talkgroups 52641 and 52767.

A dispatcher or operator repeats "zones" several times and then issues a "zone complete" when finished.

For example:
"Zone 5."
Approximately 30 seconds later "Zone 5."
This will repeat several times before broadcasting "Zone 5 complete."
"Zone 6" would commence shortly after.

I heard this go all the way to 20 on Thursday night. Is this common?

au1344

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious: What does the testing sound like?

It's probably not Pickaway County since I've been wildcard monitoring the Lancaster site in Fairfield County the last few nights with a Unication G5 (unless a radio is somehow affiliating with the somewhat nearby Christmas Rock Road site), but there has been odd traffic late at night on talkgroups 52641 and 52767.

A dispatcher or operator repeats "zones" several times and then issues a "zone complete" when finished.

For example:
"Zone 5."
Approximately 30 seconds later "Zone 5."
This will repeat several times before broadcasting "Zone 5 complete."
"Zone 6" would commence shortly after.

I heard this go all the way to 20 on Thursday night. Is this common?

Pickaway sounds great. What you are hearing is DRC (Prison) Talkgroups, they are in the 525xx-529xx range

I have ID’d several encrypted TG’s on MARCS, that I believe are Circleville PD based on radio IDs. Now, that said, I don’t know the use of the TGs that I’ve discovered. Don’t have the data in front of me (and I may have lost it in a drive failure, but once I get things back up and running I’ll build the list again...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

sopranosno1

Those two drc talkgroups 52641 52767 may be lancaster and nelsonville correctional??

sopranosno1

I have ID’d several encrypted TG’s on MARCS, that I believe are Circleville PD based on radio IDs. Now, that said, I don’t know the use of the TGs that I’ve discovered. Don’t have the data in front of me (and I may have lost it in a drive failure, but once I get things back up and running I’ll build the list again...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Here is my unknown list for pickaway county, 39514,39519,39535,39536,39570

medic611

Encryption?

If they stick with the old way EDACS was set up they may have 2-3 encrypted talk groups. The decision makers probably have that already worked out. The SO used a few as well, but I remember when PCSO shipped radios out to every neighboring county to install in their comm centers for "mutual aid " many of them were left in the boxes in a few counties and never "installed".

Premium Subscriber
I have most of the TGIDs on the fire side. I'll try to submit them tonight if I get a chance.

I’m still convinced (based off of data from unitrunk) that anything in the 3511x range is something relating to Circleville PD. I keep seeing the radio ID’s populate on CVPDDISP from time to time.

I really need to replace the hard drive in that computer and let it chew away on this again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lucky43113

once the full switch happens i know a lot of people will be knocking on my door asking why the scanners are quiet. I have programmed a ton of them here in town since no one else does it but hey 10 bucks each isnt bad

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Pickaway Fire/EMS moved

Fire/EMS made the switch permanently this morning; I heard dispatch making an announcement to that effect around 0900.

Sounds like dispatches are still being sent on EDACS using FD*DISP; my guess is that won't last long.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I’m still convinced (based off of data from unitrunk) that anything in the 3511x range is something relating to Circleville PD. I keep seeing the radio ID’s populate on CVPDDISP from time to time.

I really need to replace the hard drive in that computer and let it chew away on this again...

3511x. . . talkgroups or radio ID?

I'm monitoring the Pickaway tower as well as Orient and seeing a bunch of talkgroups in the 395xx-397xx range that are only showing up on the Pickaway tower. Haven't had a chance to pay much attention, but it sounds like some stuff is staying on the county tower.

Last edited:
3511x. . . talkgroups or radio ID?

Talkgroups... At least 35114 and 35119 (if I recall) are both full time encrypted but radio ID's bounce back and forth to CVPDDISP occasionally...

I have to get Unitrunk set back up, I had a drive go and haven't had it running. I could get you radio ID's if you wanted, but it will take me some time..

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Talkgroups... At least 35114 and 35119 (if I recall) are both full time encrypted but radio ID's bounce back and forth to CVPDDISP occasionally...

OK. Running Pro96Com I've seen 39514 and 39519 show up encrypted; just wanted to see if I was seeing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.