• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Picked up some HT600’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I finally got my 30-36Mhz MT1000's programmed on 10M with my blazing fast 500mhz 128mb Win98. Tried using slowdown, cache off, nope it was the issue of changing the serial port settings Input/Output range. Not too excited it only scans 8 channels but you make it work. I have a few more modern Vertex VX-510L's too for 42-54 stuff
This the best mint one I have- Interestingly has a serial number of 0000

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpgWebp.net-resizeimage(1).jpg5.jpg1.jpg

HT600

Premium Subscriber
HT600s, hmmm, Got a couple of MT1000s on 2meter and 70cm Like the audio and power out, They are rugged for our use.

Good find and use!

Last edited:

wcu02mpa

I also have some of these. I have two in the low band, low split and these are some hot receivers in the ten meter HAM band. The one thing I noticed recently is the lack of programming cables on fleabay. I lost my cable and had to order one from HK....Hopefully here by spring. I just acquired some low band high-split units and gonna program some RX stuff for our local DOT

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
Ht600s tops break if you carry them by the antennas. Every one that came in the shop had the top and the antenna connector resoldered. The mt1000 is a better bet. And the battery plate cracks and causes the battery to get intermittent and loose. Other than that they were pretty tough

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
Carried a 6 channel uhf high ht600 while doing security in a section 8 apartment complex that thing was a tank saved my butt a few times during “discussions“ with residents etc. No doubt it would still work today but i have no clue where to get a battery for it if I could even find where I put it haha.

mbnv992

Batteries are all over eBay for Genisis radios. However, if you want one that’s tan to match the HT600, there currently isn’t any on eBay. Cutrate does however have the tan to match the HT600 ( although your gonna be paying close to $35-40 for one ).

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
I love my "RSS" programmed radios. I have a pair of 2 Watt VHF P200's, a pair of 2 watt UHF HT600's and several MT1000's amongst others. I bricked a good working HT600 (rookie move) so I picked up two more just like it but there not 100%. I will however invest in fresh batteries for them as I enjoy using them especially my 99-Channel MT1000's and the ones that have MDC.

Golay

I have about a half dozen HT600s an P200s around here. I'm surprised no one mentioned what issue I've had with every one. The two knobs getting brittle and falling apart.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I have about a half dozen HT600s an P200s around here. I'm surprised no one mentioned what issue I've had with every one. The two knobs getting brittle and falling apart.

Checkout my pics above, you'll notice one MT1000 has an MT500 metal knob, they fit perfectly if you can find them. Ive seen new genesis plastic knobs on ebay. Although last week I dropped my Astro Saber and destroyed the channel knob, blew in a few pieces I'll have to look for some new aftermarket knobs that are for astro, most are only for saber/systems. If I had a 3D printer it'll be no problem

KC0CCB

i have some HT-600 radios in VHF-HIGH... and a UHF 8 channel MT-1000...i'd love to find a few lowband P200 or a MT1000 that will cover 42 to 50 mhz to experiment on the 6 meter ham band

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
i have some HT-600 radios in VHF-HIGH... and a UHF 8 channel MT-1000...i'd love to find a few lowband P200 or a MT1000 that will cover 42 to 50 mhz to experiment on the 6 meter ham band
You can make that 8-Channel MT1000 into a 16-Channel very easily. That's what I did with mine. Also I'm interested in the VHF-Lo Genesis Series Radios but there always expensive on ebay and I can't seem to figure out why. Fellow hams have said there not very efficient on 6-Meter or 10-Meter anyways.

petnrdx

The P200 LB and MT1000 are really the same thing. They work OK on 6M, but of course the heliflex antenna is REALLY short compared to the wavelength, so they are not very efficient. They have a very good receiver, so even with the heliflex, they hear
pretty well, but again, the TX is kinda limited.
Cutting the antenna to be best resonant on 6M makes the transmitter "happy" and has a huge effect on transmit power/range.
The worst problem is that many of the VCO's won't go up high into the 6M band without component changes. Most go to 52.525 in my experience. But not much higher.
About a third of the ones I have had (couple dozen or so) would not RX at 52.8 due to VCO limitation.
I have done the VCO mods, and they are a real pain.
Easier to just get other radios, and keep the ones that lock high in the band and resell the ones that won't lock high in 6M to people that want to monitor the CHP or use them in part 90 47 mhz and up.

petnrdx

Forgot to ask, SPDFILE1, what all did you do to change the 8 ch to 16? I know about moving the ch selector "stop", but only have done that on HT600's to go from 2 to 6 ch. What may you have done with RSS to go up to 16? Off the top of my head, I know that P200LB RSS allows the change of model number on a radio. I have never had a need to try that. But I have some 8 ch radios that I might want to make into 16. Something to mess with while things are slow.

jhooten

From Batlabs.com;
"
Converting an MT1000 from 8 to 16 Channels

In order to convert the radio from 8 to 16 channels, do the following:

• Change the model to a C unit (you may also want to configure it to allow cloning).
  • Then read another radio's 16 channel codeplug and modify it for the frequencies you want.
  • After you have the 16 channel configuration set up, select "program to radio". It may give you some serial bus errors and stuff like that, but after a few tries it should go in.
  • The key is to NOT read the codeplug after doing this. When you do, the first 8 frequencies display but not the rest. So do all your editing of a saved codeplug and just program it into the radio.

P.S. Remember to clip the stop on the channel knob to allow access to the rest of the channels.

An alternative method that is supposed to work is:

Program the 16 channels into RSS and dump them into the radio. Clip the knob and you should be done.

Yet another method that is supposed to work is:

Change the nineth digit of your radio's model number (ie. from an 8 to a 0) and program the codeplug in. When you read it back out you should have a 16 channel radio.
"

Status
Not open for further replies.