Pickens County Croswell District FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

I heard Croswell Fire Department get their daily pager test on the county rural FD dispatch frequency (151.3400) on Wednesday. Their pumper is being called out to car wrecks and car fires at present with Easley FD contracted to provide structure fire support until more equipment is purchased. Apparently, the city agreed to halve the contract fee for the next couple of years. I had always wondered why the city fire department never bought a tanker for the more rural sections of the Croswell district. They relied on the Dacusville department for that support even while contracting for the service for more than 15 years.

Bob

haslerrep

I have not heard them toned out on Rural Fire as of yet. Easley is preforming radio test in the morning for their radios and station.

Last edited:

rescuecomm

Thanks, I had thought I heard them on the rural fire channel once this week, but apparently I was mistaken. It would seem normal for them to be toned by Easley at least until the contract runs out. One of the rescue guys had told me that Crosswell was on a car wreck with them last week. Maybe I can go by the station after Christmas and check them out. I live in the Crosswell district.

Do you know if fire department calls from the Crosswell district go directly to the Easley 911 answering point or go through the county?

Bob

haslerrep

Haven't heard who is taking the 911 calls. I thought about going to vol sometime after first of the year. Don't live in the district but fairly close.

rescuecomm

I could have volunteered if the district had started the department in 1991. Now I am too old to do anything like that. LOL. Bad knees and feet are something a fireman doesn't need.

Bob

haslerrep

Looks like Pickens county is gonna start dispatching in the near future for Croswell Fire. They are doing some testing on the Rural fire channel to get ready for this. They took down the rural fire repeater yesterday for a few hours and was sending test pages this morning. The chief confirmed that the pages was received but alerted dispatch that they are still not up and running yet. So it looks as though there will be another fire dept on Rural fire. No word on when they are gonna change I heard that they are still trying to get pagers as of now they have only one unofficial volunteer but have apps for more.

rescuecomm

So we now have Dacusville, Vinyards, Keowee Springs, Holly Springs, Pumpkintown, and (soon to come) Croswell on the rural fire dispatch channel. Six Mile VFD gets their pages from their repeater. Shady Grove is staffed by Pickens City FD and is toned from the 158.8350 repeater. The four Rescue Squads, the dive team, and the haz-mat team are toned from the 155.1150 repeater. I am glad our squad has the 155.7750 for tactical comms. The county channels can get real busy sometimes.

Bob

haslerrep

They are doing radio checks every afternoon on the rural fire channel now but what I have heard is that they are still being dispatched through Easley.

rescuecomm

When a freight train hit a truck at the Rolling Hills Crossing on Christmas Eve, Croswell Engine 10 was the first firefighting unit on the scene. The firefighter on the truck and one of the off duty EMS guys got a line run to the burning truck and started putting it out before city stationed crews arrrived. That was an interesting day.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.