Pickens County SC database error

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Under Pickens County Sheriff 460.25000 is listed as PC regional. That is actually, Greenville county regional sheriff. It is correct in the Greenville database.:)

KF4JYE

Premium Subscriber
Actually, 460.250 is the UHF Conventional Interop Channel (SC UTAC 1) for multiple counties, including:
Anderson/Cherokee/Greenville/Oconee/Pickens/Spartanburg/Chesterfield/Darlington/Dillon/Florence/Marlboro/Marion.
These interop channels were widely used for county-to-county (regional) communications before the statewide Palmetto-800 system was implemented.

See this link for more information: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=6509.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Every call I hear is to greenvillle. Normal calls, nothing multi agency.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Just means they are using it for private use until other agencies need to use it... Which will be rare now as most interop is on the Palmetto. Though God forbid that ever crash....

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I deleted the entry from the Pickens County database page. I can confirm that 460.250 in the Upstate is now only used by Greenville Co SO with PL 127.3. It is no longer used for Interop via a repeater. The frequency can be used as a non-repeater channel for local interop, most likely with a tone of 156.7, but that's not likely to happen in the Upstate area since Greenville uses it now with a repeater.

I do not believe there are any "Regional" repeaters on VHF or UHF in use in South Carolina anymore, only on 800MHz SCTAC and ITAC frequencies. That's the back-up plan for a complete failure of Palmetto 800, which is highly unlikely. Go 800 or go home, says SC. If anyone knows of any "Regional" repeaters on VHF or UHF, please comment with that information.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I have been monitoring this frequency, 460.250, from my location in Spartanburg with Win500 for most of the week. I'm getting analog transmissions on CTCSS 127.3, which is Greenville County Sheriff. I'm also getting DMR, CC1 TG 1000, mostly TS1, some TS2. I assume this is Oconee County Sheriff, but it's a remarkably strong signal in Spartanburg, so I imagine the Greenville analog repeater gets some pretty serious interference when both repeaters transmit at the same time.

Unless Cherokee County is also using CTCSS 127.3 along with Greenville (which is very unlikely), it's safe to say that Cherokee County's use of the frequency is by no means a regular occurence.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Brian, I am going to record it on the SDR play this weekend and see if I hear anyone else on it. Being in Pickens county I doubt I will hear Cherokee, but maybe the Oconee station.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Recording from 7PM Saturday night untill 4 PM Sunday, nothing but Greeville calls. Nothing else showed up weather it be Oconee or Cherokee county.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Strange. I assure you I hear DMR on the channel. I haven't listened to the recordings to verify it's Oconee County, but based on the CC/TG/SL used and the comments by others on the message board, I'm willing to say it's Oconee County.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
You are probally right Brian. I am lacking in the antenna area and am just using a Larsen tri-band with a ground plane screwed to My deck railing. New house it 3 storiy with a heavy pitch roof. I had my balance and hearing nerves removed, so heigths and pitches are a no go for me. But on the 1080 I never here anything from Oconee either.

Status
Not open for further replies.