Picking up channel 12 on 49.75 MHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanmanmi

Why and I picking up channel 12 on 49.75 MHZ FM? It's 60 miles away and I've never picked it up before. I'ts full bars and the sound is about 4 seconds behing the TV audio.

BushDoctor

looking through an old book i have nothing for TV/cable voice on 49.75
Why and I picking up channel 12 on 49.75 MHZ FM? It's 60 miles away and I've never picked it up before. I'ts full bars and the sound is about 4 seconds behing the TV audio.

Maybe one of your neighbors is using a baby monitor in a room with the TV on.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Someone must be putting the digital through an analog converter, then you are close, and it is mixing with something. (Unless 49.75 is the IF of the audio stage.)

Are you picking this up on more than one radio?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Since 49.75 is military, the nearby to him is Camp Grayling. They also are having multiple miltaries from all over and other countries. Im guessing radio peeps there were demoing their radios for their open house they had this past week?

I'm ~45 miles closer to the wjrt tv 12 transmitter then the OP, I just tried it on my 996P2 on an outside antenna, nothing.

a29zuk

TV-12's studio is in Flint but its transmitter is near Montrose. How the signal is being converted from digital to analog, I don't know. I think krocus has the best theory. You may be near someone that is using one of those digital to analog converters to watch their old analog TV.

Jim

wtp

unless the transmitter is still analog, it does not matter.
digital and analog don't mix well.
for digital TV the sound is mixed in with the audio, it is not a separate thing anymore.

wtp

it is not a baby monitor frequency, i mentioned that before.
baby monitor/phone freqs: 49.67 .77 .83 .845 .86 .875 .89 .93 .97 .99 for the 49 range
i would agree but only with a plus or minus 5 khz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.