Picture of First Net Mobile System at Cecil County Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

WD3C

Premium Subscriber
Although it was there it didn't seem to be running as the generator for it was not running. Pretty impressive.

First Net.png

KN4EHX

Premium Subscriber
Although it was there it didn't seem to be running as the generator for it was not running. Pretty impressive.

View attachment 125078
Usually that is a request made by the state emergency management folks who more of less want the COW on standby in the event something pops off. I’m not very familiar with Maryland or it’s activities, but I’ll take a wild guess the Cecil County event is a large one. Each region has so many COWs and a request has to be made to FirstNet for them to come out and do their thing. A lot of planning ahead for events like that.

K0WBC

Pretty typical COLT (Cell on Light Truck) Uses satellite backhaul. Looks like they are using some guys for the pole. AT&T now labels most of it's wireless disaster recovery stuff at First Net. This would support ALL AT&T wireless subs.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Pretty typical COLT (Cell on Light Truck) Uses satellite backhaul. Looks like they are using some guys for the pole. AT&T now labels most of it's wireless disaster recovery stuff at First Net. This would support ALL AT&T wireless subs.

When I was at Nextel our CoLT's were F550's. Something this size was our SAT CoW. The CoLT's were maxed out weight wise and were actually overweight with a full tank of diesel. :)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Pretty heavy truck chassis. FirstNet subscribers still benefit from (several levels of) ruthless preemption, so the civilian ATT subs get booted if nescessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.