Picture of smaller tower installed East of Pilot Butte

browdr1

Saskie
This smaller unit was just installed this past week-ish, near Pilot Butte Sask. No ID or anything on the small building. And it's about 2 min east of the pre-existing P25 and Slacktel towers. The P25 has seen a lot of vehicular action around this week too as the gates are open and fresh tracks in the snow.

Anyone know anything about this. Or is it coincidence of the action at the P25 site??
20220116_135006.jpg

ryan433pk

Premium Subscriber
Might be a good time to open Unitrunker and see if the site beside it has any new peers... Doesn't look like the same shack they've used on the PPSTN sites.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
That is most likely a WISP site. Depending on the quality of the company, it may use licensed spectrum, or it may be polluting one of the various ISM bands. MCSNet in Alberta has very similar site builds. Screw piles instead of concrete base and usually their gear is stored in cabinets attached to the tower. They don't usually have a shack like that.

If you have the capability, look at the 2 and 5GHz ISM bands, you may find carriers. Also do a ISED search in a 5km radius around the Lat/Long of were that tower is.

When I passed by that tower the other day, I saw 2 white pickup trucks with topper caps on them, parked at that tower. I could not read what was on the sides of those trucks but they both had a very large black X on the front doors. The unknown company uses a prominent black X for its logo.