Pictures of 2001 Ford F-150 setup and all radios

Status
Not open for further replies.
I creatively set up my RadioShack Pro-135 scanner into my 2001 Ford F-150. It's not permanent but I've had it for a while. It is charged through the cigarette lighter and hooked up to a Comtelco A1511. It came with a 3 7/8" antenna which was only getting 400mhz the strongest. I took a rod off of my garage antenna and replaced it.

Webshots - Full Size Photo

These are pictures of my radios that I have.

HT1000 is VHF. 3 out of the 16 channels are programmed and it's Canadian built so I can't reprogram it.

This is my CB antenna I got a while back and decided to mount it on the garage for kicks. It isn't hooked up to anything.

And last is my Radioshack antenna. It's also in the garage and I hook it up to my Pro-106 when I'm in there.

VE7CFF

HT1000 programming

Yes it is programmable, just need the software and RIB Box or adapter. The software is DOS based. I used to sell these some years ago in Canada.

what makes you think you cant reporgram an HT1000 if its from Canada?

Sorry, I should rephrase that. I tried to get it reprogrammed and the data said Canadian built and it was UHF 400'smhz when it's VHF 155mhz. He couldn't do it.

Haha, yup! I had a funnel go through my neighborhood in 2007.

I'm not sure why some of you can't view the photos and some can.

I have the exact same RadioShack Digital Trunking Scanner you do.

I have a couple downfalls with this scanner. I am very used to the way Radioshack's analog scanners were setup and I liked the banks. I put all my priorities on the first bank and I had the priority on. When it scanned non priority channels, it quickly paused and kept going. With the Pro-106, it pauses much longer which I miss a lot of what they are trying to say and the priority isn't searching fast enough to catch the priority channels to catch the beginning. It's confusing to explain and I may have to make a video. Plus, if im listening to Priority 3 for example, and I know Priority 1 is talking, it won't jump to that one like the Pro-135 did.

I got rid of the Radioshack portable for a while now and just got a Motorola Maratrac installed in it. This is my secondary truck, which was my first one. The radios were missing the piece connected to the left of the mic port which is a loop that allows the radio to transmit. Currently has one narrow band channel. They warned me that because the age of the radio, narrow band would be quieter than the other wide band channels. The radio in my truck has been grounded with the large black wire and I grounded the mic as well and still picks up like the monitor is on. It also whines with the transmission when recieving, but I love the setup!

YouTube - Motorola Maratrac

2417846490102706206S600x600Q85.jpg

2929168400102706206S600x600Q85.jpg

2875433370102706206S600x600Q85.jpg

2557269010102706206S600x600Q85.jpg

kb2crk

good clean install. the control head bracket you have is for a siren control box and the control head. there is another bracket that does not have the second set of mounting holes. the syntor control head bracket fits perfectly and would sit close to the dash like the head does now.

Thanks! Yeah, I got two full radio sets plus one one extra remote face and only one came with that bracket you see there. I made do with what I have and it works enough that I can't complain about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.