Pictures of CSX Rail from Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
These are a few pictures at a switch track point in central Alabama. The bridge was built in 1913, painted in 1971. Its around mile post 365.

Last edited:

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
I'm guessing the unit the the satellite is what controls the switch. The one with the pole and 2 antennas is a repeater I think.

Last edited:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I'm not sure what response you're expecting...

Railroad tracks are private property, and you have no business being there. DO NOT trespass on private property again. I'm sure that CSX has plenty of signs warning you of this.

Take your pictures from a safe distance, just like everyone else.

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider

Railroad tracks are private property, and you have no business being there. DO NOT trespass on private property again. I'm sure that CSX has plenty of signs warning you of this.

WOW!! Im not looking for a response, just showing off some pictures to other rail fans.

Who are to tell me what I do and don't do? These pictures where taking from a safe distance. There were no trains in the area, how did i know that i can hear them on the radio when they are.

SCPD

QRT
Trespassing or not, the very first picture is pretty cool, looking down the track. Where I am there is a BNSF railyard that can be seen from the top of the hill. The railroad owns the fence and property on the other side. The BNSF Police are constantly booting people from the area, especially when they are looking through and touching the fence.

Seems like overkill but what do I know. :)

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
Trespassing or not, the very first picture is pretty cool, looking down the track. Where I am there is a BNSF railyard that can be seen from the top of the hill. The railroad owns the fence and property on the other side. The BNSF Police are constantly booting people from the area, especially when they are looking through and touching the fence.

Seems like overkill but what do I know. :)

Trust me, taking it from someone who lives a stones throw away from these tracks, there are no police ever seen buy anyone on these tracks. These tracks are traveled more be ATVs and people more than trains! If they to patrol these rail lines they stop at the jeffco line.

SCPD

QRT
Trust me, taking it from someone who lives a stones throw away from these tracks, there are no police ever seen buy anyone on these tracks. These tracks are traveled more be ATVs and people more than trains! If they to patrol these rail lines they stop at the jeffco line.

Sure it's probably that way in the boonies, but where I am it's in the city and they are out and about. They have nice unmarked Tahoes to boot.

copperhd

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of RRs

This is/was a major N&W freight bridge located between Kenova WV / South Point OH. The top half just went through a major renovation/celebration a couple of years ago. The bridge is over 110 years old and was reported to be on the Nazi top ten bombing target list during WW2. Seems someone overlooked the sad condition of the peirs during renovations. I wonder what it looks like under the water line?

Attachments

• BRIDGE2.jpg
    BRIDGE2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 271

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I think burner50 was trying to look out for you. As a kid I used to frequent railroad yards too. Not any more. It's become a much greater concern since 9/11.

Just a friendly FYI:

CSX Cullman Alabama

NO Trespassing in the Railroad Tracks it is Illegal and you can Be Fined or Serve time In if Cought. FOR PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS: It is Also Illegal for you to take Photos on the tracks and if you are cough with a Camera at the time of Arrest it can be used in court as evidence for the trespassing case against you or you and the group or Person cought trespassing . If you are to take Pictures near the tracks Make sure you are not on Railroad Property or Stay 50 Feet from from the tracks As that is the length that the Railroad has Right Of Way for Both Sides of the tracks (indicate in the Drawing blow).
The 3 Photos are of a Group that was Having the there Photos taken over the weekend by another Professional Photographer it also appeared that this Group had a Beer (beer was in front of the Cullman L&N Depot) as well to drink, Again If you are cought trespassing on Railroad Property you will be confronted and could risk Jail time. City of Cullman Municipal Government

[source]
https://www.facebook.com/CSXCullman/posts/696476207082121

mikegilbert

MHz so good
Cool photos, OP.

What does the dish haft to do with Verizon?? Or the Verizon network ?

Verizon provides satellite data services for large customers. Not sure what they're using it for, though.

Private IP Satellite Service Level Agreement | Verizon Enterprise Solutions

Thanks for giving the OP a stern lecture. Didn't realize "Database Admin" was code for forum Den Mother. You must be a blast at parties. :roll:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
WOW!! Im not looking for a response, just showing off some pictures to other rail fans.

Who are to tell me what I do and don't do? These pictures where taking from a safe distance. There were no trains in the area, how did i know that i can hear them on the radio when they are.

Who am I to tell you what to do?

I'm a career railroader, and the guy who has to deal with you and the results of any "mishaps" that should occur. :roll:

The simple fact is that you're trespassing in a very dangerous place.

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
I have asked the FORUMS MANAGER to remove this thread. It has gotten a little out of hand I do believe. Just trying to show off a few pictures then a database admin came in and just couldn't mind his own business and had to give his 2 cent worth. Y'all can thanks Mr. burner50.

Last edited:

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
I do believe tresspassing on railroad property is a federal offense. Theres a current tresspass case here in maine thats in the federal court.

JoeyC

Would have liked to see the pictures. The OP now feels guilty about something?? and has removed them?

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Since your not being appreciated here why not take the photo's over to one of the Railfan groups, I'm sure they would like them there. I have never heard of 50 ft sideage from the rails, we are lucky in some areas if we have 3ft between our track clearance and adjacent properties, and I would like to see the pictures also.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Unbelievable... The family is sueing CSX for her death, when they DENIED Permission to film on their property?

Easier to blame someone else I guess...

I really hope the judge throws the suit out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Would have liked to see the pictures. The OP now feels guilty about something?? and has removed them?

Well, he took pictures while on the tracks (which is trespassing) and his Amateur Radio badge let's people know who he is...so...

And I'm neither condoning or condemning what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.