Pictures of NEW GRE Scanners (310/410/700/RaceScanner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Live from Dayton, OH I was able to visit the GRE booth. The PSR 310 & 410 have the same basic features as the 300/400 except they now have the object-oriented system like the 500/600 and come in black. The PSR 700 was working on display, and they had a new yellow race scanner. The 700 had a nice rubber casing. There is also a new PSR 240? (model number slips me) that is roughly based on the old RS PRO-2054... analog and no trunking, but same design. The rep also indicated that next on the block are two new digital scanners, expected to be announced in about a year. He thinks the 510/610. The 310 and 410 will be for sale in September. They have the same design as the 500/600, except for no P25. Very nice units.

ImageShack Album - 4 images

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Didn't mention (assuming you are asking the 310/410s)
I would venture to guess right around the $200 mark as many dealers had PSR 300s & 400s new in the box for $140 & $130 respectively to move them out.

firephotographer50

Premium Subscriber
I really like the looks of the 310/410. I've always been a fan of the black cases. Did the rep indicate if they were doing the same with the digital scanners? Did they mention what updates might be in store for the 510/610?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Unless it does P25 Phase II, I'll stick with my trusty 396XT. I'm a little panicked about that because Houston Fire and Police are going to be moving to an ASTRO P25 Phase II system sometime in 2012. It wouldn't harm anything if it also could store more than 2000 or so channels per V-Folder.

Last edited:

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
The rep did not reveal much information about the new digital scanners to me, other than they are developing them as the 500/600 are scheduled to be replaced. As for the models being 510/610, I just assumed... please don't quote me on that. My bets are new prototype digital scanners being on display at CES 2011 in Las Vegas.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
For all you GRE folks out there reading these threads- I favor the black case of the new PSR-310 and would love to see a replacement for the PSR-500 in that color.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Once the parts become available, I'm sure you could purchase the case front and back and replace them. :p

DonS

Once the parts become available, I'm sure you could purchase the case front and back and replace them. :p

Except for all of the mechanical differences:
* new case won't fit on a PSR-300 because of LCD change and all the different buttons
* new case won't fit on a PSR-500 because of LCD change

LANEWZ

GRE really needs to address the lack of a fixed or variable line level audio output on their scanners. Those of us in public safety, broadcast/print news and as RR feed providers know how difficult the lack of that output can be. Many are forced to use the compromised speaker output of a scanner unless of course it’s a Uniden 996X or XT or other model or brands that have appropriately engineered their unit’s with a line level audio output.

When I talked with GRE engineering about the issue GRE stated, no one had ever requested line level audio nor was had it been a deal breaker for buyers.

Thus even though I would consider buying GRE scanners I can’t, because they lack the functionality that even a Radio Shack Pro 2004 had back in the day.

So for me it’s a deal breaker.

EOM

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Except for all of the mechanical differences:
* new case won't fit on a PSR-300 because of LCD change and all the different buttons
* new case won't fit on a PSR-500 because of LCD change

I thought he was talking about the PSR310? It looks like the same radio as the PSR500 (without the P25 vocoder). Are you saying the LCD is larger on the "PSR310" verses the PSR500?

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Some more information...
PSR-310/410:
Object Oriented Scanning (40744 Objects)
Wide Band Reception
Multi-System Analog Trunking
Expanded V-Scanner Capability
Exclusive Multi-Color Alert LED
CTCSS & DCS Decoder
Full Dot Matrix Bitmap LCD Display w/ White LED Backlight
SAME WX
High-Speed PC Interface
User Programmable CPU Firmware
Power-on Password protection
Covers 700 MHz band
----------------------------------------------
PSR-110 (Race Scanner)
Covers 450-470 MHz
1000 Channels
Car # Control
Upgradeable Car Number, Frequency & Driver Data
Backlight Display
Intercom
One-Touch MRN Channel Access & Search
Mobile Phone Connection
----------------------------------------
Upgraded PSR-200U (Same chassis as current PSR-200)
Upgrades: (Analog, NO Trunking) - 200 channels (10 banks of 20)
4 Service Search Band
FM Radio Tuner
WX Alert
CTCSS & DCS
Data Cloning
---------------------------------------
NEW PSR-210 (Similar design to old RS PRO 2054 as mentioned above)
Analog, NON trunking 300 channels (10 banks of 30)
800 MHz capability
Preprogrammed
NOAA WX Alert
Skywarn

Swipesy

At this year's Dayton Hamvention I made a request to GRE to develop a remote head for the next replacement of the PSR500/600. I reminded GRE that finding a place to mount scanners in new automobiles is becoming impossible and a remote head option would be the cats meow.

Status
Not open for further replies.