Pictures of work truck and Personal truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Great installs, though the personal truck reminded how much I hated my '01 Dodge's cup holder- worst design ever...

kd0ezq

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, been very busy lately, and havent been visiting as often as I should...

The holder you see there is actually a 12v pocket charger on top of one of those flexible mounting poles. It not only holds but also charges the handheld in the truck..

I've seen some mounting options in the AES catalog that might work.

As far as the MotoTRBO's go, they are a pain to program the first time, once you use the tutorial and get them to work, then they work great, we havent had very many problems with any we have sold.

Thank you for the compliments! I love doing installs, and like to challenge myself. I am going to be redoing the wiring in my personal truck, cause I dont like the fuse block out there in the middle of nowhere, so Im going to look at putting a Chargeguard on it too.

Yeah, the cupholders arent the brightest idea ive ever seen. I hope to install a Kenwood TS-480SAT below the D710 control head soon!

I am using Garmin Nuvi 350's in both trucks now, I like them cause they have a bright display and I can get directions easily. I use the Argent Technologies GTRANS cable to hook them to the Kenwoods, it works great and they have the most awesome customer service!

Im looking for a Motorola X9000 Lowband, if anyone has one, so I can run 6m and 10m both!

emd001

Great looking installs. Hate to be nosy but are the radios in the work truck just for monitoring and ham use or do you use them for work too?

kd0ezq

Premium Subscriber
all of the above...I have a zone in each one for ham use, and a zone for work use. we use a digital simplex frequency to keep in touch with other techs as we travel, and we have a dedicated channel on our company community repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.