Pictures of work truck and Personal truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd0ezq

Premium Subscriber
Here are pictures of my Personal truck, a 2000 Dodge Ram, and my Work Truck, a 2009 Chevy K3500.

The setup in the personal truck is a Kenwood TM-D710 connected to a Garmin Nuvi 350 for APRS, Uniden BC996T, and a Motorola MCS2000 900mhz for 33cm work. Antennas are a Larsen NMO2/70, Larsen NMO 5db 900mhz, and Larsen NMO 5db 800mhz for the scanner.
DSC00121.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

The work truck has a Kenwood TM-D7A connected to a Garmin GPS 60C for APRS, a Motorola CDM1550LS+ VHF, Motorola MOTOTRBO XPR4550 UHF, Uniden BC-780XLT, and a HT750 UHF for Climbing, and MOTOTRBO XPR6550 UHF portable. Antennas are a PCtel MaxScan1000, PCtel MUF4505 5db UHF, a Tram Browning BR-150 for VHF, and a Tram Browning BR-160 for APRS. The mount is a custom fabricated one we use at the shop.
DSC00127.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

Questions or Comments?

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
What is a good holder for a PSR 500 in a Chevy Silverado? I would like something I can move from truck to truck. Thanks.

mjthomas59

A slight bit off topic. But where did you get that fuse block or power distribution block from? I went to Radioshack(knew better but did anyway) and they told me they don't exist. I have one in my work vehicle so I knew that they existed, but a professional company does the installs on our cars so I have no clue where you would get one from.

Thanks and great looking installs!

kd0ezq

Premium Subscriber
The fuse block came from Advanced Auto Parts. They have a 6 spot one, You can get them on Ebay too, they go up to 12 slots. There is also a selection from places like Talley, Tessco, and the other wiring suppliers. Try boat shops too.

I like the Trbo's..They sound awesome on narrowband, and digital is cool, it just takes a long time to get the digital programming groups setup and figured out. As far as volume, and durability, they are in between the XTL radios and the CM/PM series...on price and quality.

We are selling BUNCHES to local departments mostly due to the price points, and the idea of a digital talk group that NOONE can monitor.

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
What is a good holder for a PSR 500 in a Chevy Silverado? I would like something I can move from truck to truck. Thanks.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Yea, I have heard that about the no monitor. One of the other techs in our shop moonlights as the radio tech for a local PD. When they put in the MOTOTRBO he got complaints and threats from the local tow operators. What they didn't know is he is a police office from that department. Once that was said all the complaints went away. They have had their share of problems though, lost calls to nowhere, GPS info not updating quickly enough or to fast causing the voice channel to busy out. Operator error, going analogue when they should be on digital. I am about to see if you can monitor passively, I have heard and not confirmed yet that the radio won't work until affiliated, kinda like the XTL5000 series.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber

This might be off-topic, but here's an idea.

I use the dashboard cup holder in my 1996 Silverado. A second unit is often mounted on the drivers side dashboard air vent.

A small length of coated coathanger can easily be fashioned into an air vent hook (via the radio's belt clip) that you can put in almost anything. I use this system in rental cars all the time. In fact, I'm thinking about putting one in the air vent above my cupholder because it's easier to get to the radio's keyboard with only one hand.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.