• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Pierce County .mem files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightspell

Hey guys, just got my scanner about... oh, 6 hours ago. I could not be more confused with this stuff. I bought a BC246T and am... well, I'm not quite yet "using" it, but I have the ARC246 software. I'm still trying to figure out how make these things work, but am more than a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I think I might just take a step back and try figuring out quantum physics before tackling this beast of a hobby, but I was wondering if anyone might be so kind as to offer me a .mem of the local (Pierce County, WA) emergency frequencies? At my current learning speed by the time I figure out what I'm doing I'll be in diapers and a wheelchair. Would very much appreciate any help offered.

Thanks!

Nightspell

Excellent, thank you ka3jjz. I "upgraded my membership" and was able to download a system from the web-feature on the ARC software, so I'm now picking up an occasional transmission... Thanks for the recommendation!

Status
Not open for further replies.