Pierce County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcp104

I need the talk group id numbers for Pierce County Sheriff'. Anyone who has those group id's along with the appropriate frequencies and are will to share it would be very much appreciated.

I don't see any trrunked groups for the Pierce County Sheriff in the RR Data base. All I see is the Lakewood PD on the Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface. I'm guessing the Pierce County Sheriff has not switched over as an Analog talkgroup/Apco-25 yet, so that might be why youcan't find any talkgroups. So you probably have to listen to them on the 150's freqs until they switch over if they decide too.

Last edited:
Pierce County Sheriff is not on the Trunked system they are still using conventional frequencies.

154.950 173.8 PL Sheriff East Dispatch

155.310 146.2 PL Sheriff Tactical West/ Admin

155.370 No PL LERN

155.610 173.8 PL Sheriff Tacical East/ Admin

155.640 173.8 PL Sheriff West Dispatch

156.090 173.8 PL Sheriff Information Records

For more details go to the Database.

GCp usually you will see an announcement from RR admins. when or if a public safety decides to switch over to new system. Just as KC9 said the Sheriff is on the 153 to 156 freqs. And welcome to RR and happy scanning. Theres a vast of knowledge here new and old. And plenty of forums to browse.

gcp104

Thanks for those replies. Pierce County has changed from analog to digital radio (at least that is my understanding) . Although those frequencies are listed I can't not pick them up on my scanner.. Lakewood Police is dispatched by PC and they have a talk group id of 1040 for dispatch. The small towns in Pierce County use talk group id 272. Those as they types of numbers I am looking for. The frequencies listed on the previous post have have been around forever.

gcp104

My mistake. Not digital but TRUNKING system. I am looking for any and all the talk group id's for the trunking system that Pierce County Sheriff Department uses.

I see what your talking about now. I just over looked it. Do you have your scanner set to MOT VHF/UHF since it says: VHF law Scan, Scans WSP, PCSO And Smaller Towns PD. I'm guessing you have analog/digital scanner with P25 capability. This all I can think of.

gcp104

PC Sheriff

I have a Uniden BC346XT scanner.
Since I have not had a scanner in about 10 years, wow have things changed. I appeciate the help this is driving me nuts! Radio Reference doesn't carry the TGID's and when I asked they advised if I post something chances are someone has that information. That is how I got stated on this. Right now I have more questions than answers but how to program this is beginning to make some sense.

Just FYI gcp 104 I'm sure you know your scanner is non-digital trunking scanner So it will only do analog . You can also check out the uniden scanner forum and post questions there for those who have unidens and are familiar with them.:)

Last edited:
IMHO for your area I think a digital scanner is the way to go. Yes they are expensive because of the licensing fee they have to pay to decode the digital signal I believe something to that effect. Anyways you might be interested in these Portable scanners here: GRE PSR-500, Radio Shack PRO-106, or a
Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT. As for Base/Mobile you might like these:GRE PSR-600, Radio Shack Pro-107 or a Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT. You can have the best of both worlds with these. Analog/Conventional/P25,Apco25/Analog and Digital you get the idea.:) I think you will get a lot more out of it possibly.

gcp104

PC Sheriff

THANK YOU KC9GLG....I had to load my scanner 3 times but at least now I am hearing East Dispatch. I am not sure what the problem was but I appreciate your assitance.

What else do you listen to in the county? I have Fire, WSP, Tacoma, Lakewood along with small towns.
I am going to work on McCord and Ft Lewis before long.

Again thank you for the assistance.

adnahoundsman

Pierce County Sheriff is still conventional!!!!!
The talk group 272 is a general police channel. Much like LERN
The Lakewood P.D. used to be dispatched through the PCSO West. But now they have thier own talk groups. There are 5 of them Dispatch, Records, Tac3, Pos1, Pos2

I will post those TG's later.

robbie2

Hi

I need the talk group id numbers for Pierce County Sheriff'. Anyone who has those group id's along with the appropriate frequencies and are will to share it would be very much appreciated.

maybe this would help.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Hay , Rob welcome to the site you sound like a repeater you repost the the same info that was posted before your post, I have looked at this for days and just thought it was time to point it out. any how I know, how it is to be new to a site and I just wanted to say welcome aboard have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.