pierce county wa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulfe

Hi Is any one in this location able to have a meat up,with me to help me out with my Uniden 436 scanner. I am dyslexic. Having hard time ready the manual. and geting it to recieve . Uniden tec support walked me through the process for loading the favorits but still not recieving PCSO in my area. Thanks. Even tec support can not figure it out for me. Weird ha.

RBMTS

Considering the pandemic situation, I doubt anyone will arrange to meet with you in-person. Do you know how to export your Sentinel file (.hpe)? If you can do that and PM it to me, I will be happy to look at it for you. I'm sure it is just a simple setting. Once changed and loaded back in, we can probably have you happily scanning in no time.

RBMTS

With the Sentinel program running, select FILE then select EXPORT TO HPE FILE. Save it to a spot where you know you can easily find it (like your desktop). PM (start a conversation) to me and include that file. If you don't know how or can't upload the file, I will send you a message with my email address.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Hi Is any one in this location able to have a meat up,with me to help me out with my Uniden 436 scanner. I am dyslexic. Having hard time ready the manual. and geting it to recieve . Uniden tec support walked me through the process for loading the favorits but still not recieving PCSO in my area. Thanks. Even tec support can not figure it out for me. Weird ha.

change extension to .hpe - then import using Sentinel

Attachments

• Pierce.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Wulfe

With the Sentinel program running, select FILE then select EXPORT TO HPE FILE. Save it to a spot where you know you can easily find it (like your desktop). PM (start a conversation) to me and include that file. If you don't know how or can't upload the file, I will send you a message with my email address.
Thanks for the help I will TRY!! it might take me a while.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Thanks but I don't know what you mean here (Change extension to .hpe) I am not computer literate. Thats why I am asking for some in person help for my area.

RadioReference does not like attachments with the Uniden file extension name (.hpe). So, I attached it with an extension of .txt. The file is my Pierce Co favorites list - all PD and PCSO.

Download the file to your computer, making note of where it downloaded to. Then, right click on the file, choose rename and change the extension to .hpe. You can then import it into Sentinel - and thus load it into your scanner as a favorite list to try and see if it works.

Wulfe

RadioReference does not like attachments with the Uniden file extension name (.hpe). So, I attached it with an extension of .txt. The file is my Pierce Co favorites list - all PD and PCSO.

Download the file to your computer, making note of where it downloaded to. Then, right click on the file, choose rename and change the extension to .hpe. You can then import it into Sentinel - and thus load it into your scanner as a favorite list to try and see if it works.
Not seeing your .txt file here,
But I am also waiting for a file from RBNTS.
But here is my file from my scanner I hope maybe you can check it out for me too.

Attachments

• South Simulcast Site Details (South Sound 911).txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 5

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I quewss I don't know how to get it off here to my computer !!!!!!!!!!!

Ok......

I assume you have Windows.
Click on the file that is attached to my post above - windows should download it.
Note where windows downloads it to (downloads?).
Change the end of it from .txt to .hpe
Open Sentinel
Click file / import from hpe file....

You also should have pierce.hpe in your inbox.

RBMTS

Nessnet - some of your directions are probably too confusing for him. Let's take it slow.

Wulfe - I downloaded your file but it errors when I try to load it. The data must not be correct. Let's try running with the file that Nessnet sent you. Do you know how to access your mailbox in Radio Reference? It is the envelope button at the top of the screen. Push that envelope button and you should see the message that Nessnet sent you. It will have a file in it called PIERCE.HPE. Click on that file and save it to your computer.

Now once that is done, we need to get that into your Sentinel program. Let's take it step by step.

1) Open Sentinel

2) Under FILE, select IMPORT HPE FILE

3) You'll see a FAVORITES box pop up.

4) You should see a button in that box called NEW FAVORITES LIST. Click on that button

5) Create a new name for this list you'll import. Maybe type in PIERCE

6) A new window will now pop up. This is where you will select the PIERCE.HPE file. Go to wherever you saved that file.

7) Select the file and then push the OPEN button.

8) Once that is done, you should see PIERCE entered into your favorites list.

9) Connect your 436 scanner and select WRITE TO SCANNER

Once that is done, unplug the scanner. Once it starts up again, it should start scanning that profile. Hopefully you will starting hearing the PCSO sheriff dispatch.

I really hope this helps you.

RBMTS

Wulfe - do you know how to select if you want to listen to certain services (like FIRE, LAW DISPATCH, EMS, etc) ?

If so, make sure you have LAW DISPATCH selected and on.

I am in Illinois at the moment so I am 2 hours time ahead of you. By the time you do this I will probably be signed off. I'll be anxious to sign on tomorrow and hopefully read that you were able to get all of this done and happily listening to what you want.

Wulfe

Nessnet - some of your directions are probably too confusing for him. Let's take it slow.

Wulfe - I downloaded your file but it errors when I try to load it. The data must not be correct. Let's try running with the file that Nessnet sent you. Do you know how to access your mailbox in Radio Reference? It is the envelope button at the top of the screen. Push that envelope button and you should see the message that Nessnet sent you. It will have a file in it called PIERCE.HPE. Click on that file and save it to your computer.

Now once that is done, we need to get that into your Sentinel program. Let's take it step by step.

1) Open Sentinel

2) Under FILE, select IMPORT HPE FILE

3) You'll see a FAVORITES box pop up.

4) You should see a button in that box called NEW FAVORITES LIST. Click on that button

5) Create a new name for this list you'll import. Maybe type in PIERCE

6) A new window will now pop up. This is where you will select the PIERCE.HPE file. Go to wherever you saved that file.

7) Select the file and then push the OPEN button.

8) Once that is done, you should see PIERCE entered into your favorites list.

9) Connect your 436 scanner and select WRITE TO SCANNER

Once that is done, unplug the scanner. Once it starts up again, it should start scanning that profile. Hopefully you will starting hearing the PCSO sheriff dispatch.

I really hope this helps you.
Hope you have a good rest. I finally got the file that Nessnet sent me. Got it loaded on the scanner. It is working ok. I am getting all the way over to a town 20 miles away which is Buckly. But So far I am still not getting my East PCSO. It shows up on the profile. But not transmitting over the scanner. I have Broadify on my computer an listening to East PCSO. and I should be hearing it on the scanner but it isn't. That is what Uniden Support could not figure out over the phone.
I have a couple new anttanies ordered but wount recieve them untill the 27th or so.

Wulfe

Wulfe - do you know how to select if you want to listen to certain services (like FIRE, LAW DISPATCH, EMS, etc) ?

I am in Illinois at the moment so I am 2 hours time ahead of you. By the time you do this I will probably be signed off. I'll be anxious to sign on tomorrow and hopefully read that you were able to get all of this done and happily listening to what you want.
Yes I have LAW DISPATCH selected and on. Ok I think I got it, You and nessnet from Kenmore, WA are one in the same?

Last edited:

freqseeker

Try this. While scanning press the white CHAN button. This should hold on a talkgroup. Now using the scroll knob keep turning until you see Pierce Sheriff East. Listen for awhile to see if you receive transmissions. If you do, make sure the talkgroup is not avoided. If not you will have to keep looking. To release the hold press the CHAN button again to resume scanning.

Wulfe

Try this. While scanning press the white CHAN button. This should hold on a talkgroup. Now using the scroll knob keep turning until you see Pierce Sheriff East. Listen for awhile to see if you receive transmissions. If you do, make sure the talkgroup is not avoided. If not you will have to keep looking. To release the hold press the CHAN button again to resume scanning.
Yes I mistakenly found that option a hr ago and siting on since then. Hearing other places as it scans, but not the immediate area I am in.
How ever I found the play back option an could recieve my area. until the play back ran out, now thats weird ha.

RBMTS

Hi Wulfe - good news. We're making progress. I like the suggestion that Freqseeker gave you. When you see PCSO come up on your scanner, push the CHAN button. Turn the scroll knob on the top of the scanner to the right or the left a few clicks until you see the PCSO East talkgroup. Listen to that talkgroup for a little while. It might be silent for a short time but just sit tight.

Also remember one thing - what you hear on Broadcastify is delayed. So your scanner and the internet audio WILL NOT be heard at the same time. You will should hear it on your scanner first and then Broadcastify about 30 to 45 seconds later.

Status
Not open for further replies.