Pierce County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneck0410

Anyone having trouble listening to Pierce County Sheriff? I ain't heard a peep out of them in I don't know how long. Can't figure out if they've switched channels or what. Any response would be appreciated.

Redneck0410

Thanks, I'll give this a shot and see if I hear some squawking. If anyone else in the Pierce County area has some insight or some hidden frequencies the SO there are using, I'd like to have them if possible (as long as it's non-P25). Just bought a BCT15X and still trying to get the hang of programming it.

Redneck0410

I've got everything plugged in and coded correctly... I was even in Pierce County last weekend and I didn't hear so much as a squelch break out of the SO. The fire department channels are still good, however, so we know there is still life there, so to speak.

Redneck0410

I programmed it by hand, as my laptop and desktop both have no available serial port to program with like bctool or anything like that. Kinda figured Uniden would include a USB cable with the scanner instead of a serial cable. Update, I did catch Pierce County SO on 154.0325 which leads me to believe 154.055 is good as well. That is the only area I'm having trouble recieving. I get everything else no problem.

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
here is what I have for pierce county sheriff.. I hear traffic on most channels form federal way

Attachments

• pierceSO.pdf
    11.7 KB · Views: 225

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
LOL Sorry i did not pay attention to that... just saw the question about pierce county... will be sure to read ore carefully..

I've got everything plugged in and coded correctly... I was even in Pierce County last weekend and I didn't hear so much as a squelch break out of the SO. The fire department channels are still good, however, so we know there is still life there, so to speak.

You have any luck hearing Pierce County SO yet? I have not heard a peep on the UHF channel either.

Redneck0410

I am picking up traffic on the 154.0325 channel with a 073 DPL tone. Other than that, Pierce Fire works great on the channel listed on the database.

As an edit to my previous post, I heard Pierce County on 39.9 during the storms on Saturday and 155.67 a little bit ago. The database is correct with those as well. If anyone else catches them on a better channel I'd like to hear about it. Being in south Norfolk, I shouldn't have a problem picking them up even on a mobile setup in the house (RS mag mount antenna on my window AC ran to my BCT15X).

Status
Not open for further replies.