Pierce Transit 700mhz TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Is anyone listening to this system?

Today I confirmed the Lakewood and Puyallup sites are active, simulcasting 764.3375 as the control channel.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Wilrobnson said:
Is anyone listening to this system?

Today I confirmed the Lakewood and Puyallup sites are active, simulcasting 764.3375 as the control channel.
I added this. Ken

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Stavro35 said:
I have it in my GRE/PSR 500 so far just testing from the tech guys. I really want to replace it with the federal prison system .

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5805

I haven't even copied the test traffic yet.

I wouldn't replace it with the FDC system, personally, it's just not that interesting. The Pierce Transit one will be a nice opportunity to watch a new system in a new band grow and change as they tweak it. On brand new ones, they also sometimes go through and test every talkgroup, often calling them by name and channel number as they do so.

Just a thought.

Stavro35

FDC vs Pierce transit .

Wilrobnson said:
I haven't even copied the test traffic yet.

I wouldn't replace it with the FDC system, personally, it's just not that interesting. The Pierce Transit one will be a nice opportunity to watch a new system in a new band grow and change as they tweak it. On brand new ones, they also sometimes go through and test every talkgroup, often calling them by name and channel number as they do so.

Just a thought.

I guess you're right. I used to monitor the King county transit buses and light rail. The chatter on those frequencies would take up too much "air time" .And despite the possibility of something happening on,or around the buses. I just got tired of the chit chat between the coordinator and the drivers.So I locked out those frequencies.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Stavro35 said:
Does this mean it's gone for good or just gone for now?

You know as much as I do. the stuff is still installed for the system, at least in Lakewood and Puyallup, but it's not transmitting anymore.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Okay, now the transit system is on the alternate freqs, the super-narrow ones (just my name for them) that are licensed under a special temporary authority, license WQIL226.

774.48125 <---Current control channel

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Thanks I will post this. Do you have site info for this so that I can add them to the right site.
Edit ok it looks like this is all site 2 I will add the control channel.

Last edited:

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I'm getting SYSID of 1E7, and site number of 001. This is the same as the other freqs listed, so I guess 001 is how all of the site in the simulcast ID. I copied the same info from the Graham Hill site, the Lakewood site, and the Puyallup site.

Status
Not open for further replies.