Pigeon Force Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

mflume1

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,
I'm in Sevier county and I just got the Uniden Home Patrol. I'm having difficulty finding out what system the Pigeon Force Police Department is on.I see that they have a digital trunking system and there is also remnants of a conventional frequency as well. Does anyone monitor Pigeon Force Police Department and can tell me what's going on with this system or point me in the right direction?

jfhtm350

Recently all the PD have gone digital (nexedge or turbo) except for pigeon forge pd, They are on the pigeon forge public safety digital trunk system P25. The countywide frequency is still in use I think. The conventional channels you speak of are probably useless now.

mflume1

Premium Subscriber
Yes that's what it seems like but still not receiving. Have you personally monitored this Pigeon Force Police Department?

n4yek

Recently all the PD have gone digital (nexedge or turbo)
not turbo, just Nexedge.
except for pigeon forge pd, They are on the pigeon forge public safety digital trunk system P25. The countywide frequency is still in use I think. The conventional channels you speak of are probably useless now.
They are not useless, they will be used as backup in case they need them.

As Jim has stated though, Pigeon Forge Police use the P25 system and are they only law enforcement that can be currently monitored with a scanner in the county.

Enjoy you visit.

n4yek

Yes that's what it seems like but still not receiving. Have you personally monitored this Pigeon Force Police Department?

Sounds like the problem Jim had until he found out the program he was using wasn't programming his scanner correctly. He was using ARC software and something it was doing wasn't allowing him to program the system the correct way.
The Control Channel should tell your scanner what band plan it is using, if you have you computer I will tell you what those are so you can manually put them in using you programming software by editing your band plan.

Position 0: 851.00625
Step size: 6.25

Position 1: 762.00625
Step Size: 6.25

This should make your scanner start tracking the system

mflume1

Premium Subscriber
Just keep in mind i'm using the Home Patrol, so it's importing data from Radio Reference and it's not receiving.

jfhtm350

Yes I monitored it about 2 weeks ago. They should still be there unless they have changed over too. I had a heck of a time getting my scanner to program in the system. I didnt use RR to program it in. I done mine manually. In the end whatever the problem was is that my scanner was not programming in the t-tables (bandplan) from the control channel so you may have to program yours in manually too.
Bandplan: http://jfhtm350.webs.com/files/PFPSBandplan.txt

Tune into the frequency of 770.33125 as conventional. That is where they do most of the talking. If you can pick them up from there then your scanner is not programmed with the t-tables either I would bet.

darkstar1461

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone-I'm using a HomePatrol and can hear PFPD clearly on 770.3312...........you have to manually enter the direct frequency from the advanced menu...use the keyboard and 'accept'. Tom K2CIA.

mflume1

Premium Subscriber
YES! This worked out great, thank you so much everyone for your input. It's very nice to have a community that can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.