Pigeon Forge PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what is going on in Pigeon forge pd but have been listening to them for past week on 460.050
Don't know if working on P25 or what but sure good sitting here at night listening in again just hope it stays awhile. It's not clear but can understand them. Hoping Danny may have some inside info on this

jfhtm350

Well it always seemed kind of odd to me that they would have a big P25 trunked system with one talkgroup on it that is them. Try to play around with the frequency in tune mode and go up a little and down a little from 460.0500 and see if it comes in any clearer and see if you can get the PL code or DC code with it. It should be coming in pretty clear if it was on the right frequency.

n4yek

Well for starters, it isn't a big p25 system and there is more than one talkgroup on the system. You just haven't heard them yet.
As for them being back on their conventional frequency, I have no knowledge of why.
They should be using their original pl tone of 100hz.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Hello Jim will see if I can tune it in little better in few fixing lay back in chair and listen in till I guess I go to sleep.do that all the time then wake up around 3 or 4am and go to bed . I'll see what I can catch, cold not believe it at first then thought it might be p25 but was surprise to see that 460.050 come up. Even when I used to hear them it was never real clear.

jfhtm350

I used to be able to pick them up from here on 460.0500 and Gatlinburg PD and Sevierville PD. I put my scanner on sevier co and all I could hear is the countywide page frequency. Never heard anything on 460.0500. Its raining too so that may be the problem. I cant pick up the trunked system from here.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Well no sooner opened my mouth and they went back off the air. Had to catch up on few rainy day baseball games with my grandson and went back to check on them and no more traffic. New it was to good to last they were on 460.050 for about 7-8 days and must have corrected what was wrong. Is the Pigeon Forge PD using the english mountain tower?? heard two talking on p25 last night one was in camp ground in mountains and other was in middle TN. He said he was listening to PF-PD they were using english mountain tower

n4yek

3:50pm they are still using their conventional freq of 460.050 pl 100hz

I am not aware of a tower on English Mtn, the Pigeon Forge system is on Pine Mtn.

Last edited:

kel415

Premium Subscriber
3:50pm they are still using their conventional freq of 460.050 pl 100hz

I am not aware of a tower on English Mtn, the Pigeon Forge system is on Pine Mtn.

Thanks Danny going be up around PF this weekend going to see if I can pick them on p25 if not going get Jim to clone mine and see what is different. I used to get all sevier co here real good except PF could here it but was not real clear, never did understand that either Did you hear anything on sevier co EMS going to digital?? Still hear them ok.Can get Blount co pretty good also

n4yek

Thanks Danny going be up around PF this weekend going to see if I can pick them on p25 if not going get Jim to clone mine and see what is different. I used to get all sevier co here real good except PF could here it but was not real clear, never did understand that either Did you hear anything on sevier co EMS going to digital?? Still hear them ok.Can get Blount co pretty good also

Don't have any knowledge of the EMS, but currently Pigeon Forge police are not using the P25 system.
That could change anytime though so scan both conventional and trunk system just to be safe.

jfhtm350

I have been listening to sevier co frequencies and have not heard PFPD at all from my house. Maybe they nocked the wattage down some. All that I can hear is the sevierco911page frequency.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I was there last week never heard them on P25.I even scanned the freq conventional?

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; DROID X2 Build/4.5.1A-DTN-200-18) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Hello, I am trying to monitor the p25 with a psr-600 with no luck, I get the cc with a 90+ decode rate, I can hear traffic when not in trunk mode but hear nothing in scan mode. I think I have something wrong in the trunk tables setting. Any help is appreciated, thanks Dan.

n4yek

I am glad you posted that link Jim, I have a buddy that has a 106 and needs those tables.
I wonder why GRE scanners can't decode the tables automatically?
My 396T decode it just fine and always has.
Again, thanks for that link.
Danny

jfhtm350

10-4, I keep it handy. Those actually came off the TVRTS system on Greentop Mtn. I just changed the frequencies and got Pigeon Forge to work, so N8DRC if you cant program manually then you can do it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.