Pike Co. EMS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0g75

I've been having trouble hearing the Phelps tower EMS. I have it in as 453.800MHz, which was the last known frequency I know of. I can hear Canada tower at times. But I'm fairly close to Phelps (like 5 miles or so). Don't know what the problem is unless they changed frequencies, and I didn't know it. As far as the other towers in the county (Dorton, Pikeville) I could never hear them anyway from behind this mountain. I know I need an antenna upgrade but I can hear a lot of things way farther out than the Phelps tower (mostly from WV and VA. Also I'm getting everything else from the Phelps location but EMS. Is anyone else having trouble receiving the EMS from Phelps tower? Or does anybody have any info or ideas besides a new antenna? Which to me, is obvious but it shouldn't be prohibiting me from getting something so close I don't think. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

dustinoboy

Pike Co. EMS

I live in the western part of the state, but I looked at the Pike County database. According to the RR database, 464.6250 is the EMS freq for the Phelps tower. You might want to check the database, as some more frequencies might have changed for the towers in Pike County.
Also listed for the Phelps Tower are as follows:
154.0625- Sheriff
453.3875- Fire Dispatch
453.7625- Phelps Region Fire

Hope this helps.

r0g75

Yes, but the database is actually outdated. Pike EMS actually switch frequencies about a year ago to the ones I have now. Not sure, but Phelps tower may havre changed again, since I'm not hearing it. I have never taken out the 464.625 frequency just in case but no, nothing on either one for me. Thanks anyway for trying to help.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Folks, remember, the people who make changes to the data base can't be in every county in the Commonwealth.... if you live in an area and the freqs are not correct submit the new, confirmed, freqs so all may enjoy!

BigEd1314

Premium Subscriber
I can assure you the database is not outdated for Pike County. Those are all the frequencies that are in the radios for the fire departments in Pike County.

r0g75

Yes, the fire depts. and all else is correct, but not the EMS. Get a scanner and program the 464.625 in and you'll hear nothing. I will submit the new freqs Unit Charlie if I can do that without being a paid subscriber. Also in response to my own question I have found the problem has to be in my antenna, and the fact that I'm behind a mountain. Also posibbly the new frequency may be lower power than before, not sure about that though. I took my scanner to a friends house a few miles away and the Phelps tower EMS freq was working fine. Problem solved I guess.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Anyone may submit info provided they have confirned that info... Personally, I prefer a tone to be sent wkth the new or corrected freq... Good luck with the antenna issue, just cracked open my PSR500 to reheat the antenna connection... Ed, thanx for covering my six out your way!

Status
Not open for further replies.