Pike County ,Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderfish1963

Premium Subscriber
Pike County Sheriff's Office went digital recently. Does anyone know when the data base will be updated on RR? The current frequencies on the website are not picking up anything on my Home patrol 2. Thanks.

N8IAA

Pike County Sheriff's Office went digital recently. Does anyone know when the data base will be updated on RR? The current frequencies on the website are not picking up anything on my Home patrol 2. Thanks.

Maybe DMR like your city. I've been a member for almost 14 years,and the amount of info being submitted for this state has almost gone to a negative value. Too many listeners, not enough researchers.
Larry

W3DMV

Pike Co modified one of their licenses August 2016. They are authorized
to operate DMR.

The frequencies listed on the FCC license are:

--------

spiderfish1963

Premium Subscriber
Pike County, Georgia

Thank you sir. Can't wait to plug them in and try them out. Don't know if the DMR will be an issue with reception. Just purchased a Home patrol 2 and a Bearcat BCD996P2. Kind of a rookie to these new scanners. RR has been a great resource for learning and folks like you. Thanks!

N8IAA

Thank you sir. Can't wait to plug them in and try them out. Don't know if the DMR will be an issue with reception. Just purchased a Home patrol 2 and a Bearcat BCD996P2. Kind of a rookie to these new scanners. RR has been a great resource for learning and folks like you. Thanks!

If it really is DMR, those two Unidens will not decode the transmissions.
You'll need a WS1080/1095, 1088/1098, or TRX1/2. For a Uniden that does DMR, 436HP/536HP.
DMR is a free update to the 1080/1088 pairs. Already loaded on the TRX1/2. I use a 1088 with tons of DMR near me. Works great.
Larry

spiderfish1963

Premium Subscriber
Pike County, Georgia

Thanks for that information Larry. My scanners pick up everything around me except my home county. Hate to hear that they will not receive a DMR upgrade. Guess I should have done a little more research before my purchase. Other than not hearing my local frequencies I still really enjoy my HP2. Thanks for your reply.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Want to sell that 996P2? I am local

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Confirmed today during lunch...

Both EMS and Sheriff is DMR.

Database has been updated with new entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.