Pike County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dei2Racing

Any one here listen to Pike county ? I go up to Pike county a lot from south nj. I can/t seam to pick up any activity in pike. Yes its very rural where i am at. I have entered all the data listed here in to my scanner. I do pick up Wanye, Lackawanna, Monroe countys just fine. However Pike seams to be be a dead zone anyone have any ideas ? Thanks for any input at all.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Where are you visiting in Pike County, and what frequencies are you trying to listen to?

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I travel to Pike County a few times a year and I have Pike, Wayne and Sullivan County New York programmed in my scanner as well as some state agencies, federal such as National Park Service and DCNR. Not a lot goes on up there. In the winter you can pick up additional things like the National Ski Patrol at Big Bear (Masthope Mountain Community in Lackawaxen).

Dei2Racing

I go over near Promise land state park. I was just trying to listen to the FD and Ems listed in the data base and here. I just fond it odd that in two weeks of motioning my hit counts were 0 for pike county listed frequencies. Wanye, Lackawanna, Monroe all have hits. I wish I could listen to open sky for the SP . With issues at bars during hunting season here they are all ways on 390 here.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
All of the listings for Pike are current and correct.

There's a site on High Knob about 5 miles from Promised Land. You should be hearing FD on 154.445 from that site, as well as EMS on 155.265. The FD repeater is simulcast from three tower sites, whereas EMS is not. Which means you should hear all FD activity in the county, but will only hear local EMS dispatches and activity. As far as the PSP, keep the VHF frequencies in the scanner (155.580 base/154.950 mobile), especially Tact 1 (155.460) which the Blooming Grove cars use quite a bit for car-to-car chatter. From time to time they fall back on VHF when the OpenSky system isn't playing nice.

Dei2Racing

Thanks for the SPS Frequencies I will test them next time i visit. I was checking my logs. In two weeks I picked up 7 hits on 155.265 and 10 on 154.445. Maybe it was just a slow two weeks. I just have the stock antenna that comes with the Psr-500. It not my place so i cant put any antenna up. I think the house is at 1650 feet. I got to experience 13 in of snow last week. I just fond it odd to be so quiet in pike. I can pick up all of Lackawanna, Moroe and Wayne county with out an issue. Thanks for the link now i can check in when I am in NJ. The house in Pike cant get internet access unless its from a dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.