Pike place market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

I found a listing for a frequency for Pike place market. Since it was listed as repeater frequency I plugged it in and have heard voice communication

It is most definitely Pike place market. I have heard voice traffic to indicate data to be correct on interceptnorthwest web site. Just on whim I put my radio in MOT mode. And that frequency started showing talkgroups.

Any help in figuring out the rest of the system would be appreciated.

DickH

I found a listing for a frequency for Pike place market. Since it was listed as repeater frequency I plugged it in and have heard voice communication

It is most definitely Pike place market. I have heard voice traffic to indicate data to be correct on interceptnorthwest web site. Just on whim I put my radio in MOT mode. And that frequency started showing talkgroups.

Any help in figuring out the rest of the system would be appreciated.

The FCC database has the answer.

SCPD

QRT
The FCC database has the answer.

It does? The only trunked system on that frequency is CWU and that's a few hundred miles away from his location.

He's likely picking up traffic from Redmond Town Center but I'm pretty sure it's not trunked.

Stavro35

Hi Nick
Thanks for your kind reply. :) I will continue listening, and see if I can confirm exactly what I've got . It's coming in loud and clear. There seems to be some sort of phone patch associated with the communications. I heard a couple of businesses checking in this morning preparing to set up.

Steve

Stavro35

Follow up

Hi Nick
Thanks for your kind reply. :) I will continue listening, and see if I can confirm exactly what I've got . It's coming in loud and clear. There seems to be some sort of phone patch associated with the communications. I heard a couple of businesses checking in this morning preparing to set up.

Steve

Just moments ago I was listening to that frequency. And there was someone at one of the shops trying to get in to their shop. This is a very active frequency today!

SCPD

QRT
Still not sure what you're hearing Stavro.

I'm picking up voice comms AND a LTR system. The LCN is 11 and when there is LTR voice traffic it only talks about LCN 11 and 15 (so only two frequencies.)

I was away from my scanner when the LTR system was transmitting voice. I'll keep listening on that one.

I haven't checked in a while but it could be that Redmond Town Center moved to a LTR system. I'll have to go up there and check that out (only a few minutes away from me.)

From my location in Bellevue, there was also scratchy voice communications - that I couldn't decipher.

The only two licensed businesses (in the Seattle) area are Redmond Town Center (mall) and the Silver Cloud Inn. SCI was only 4w of power, but if they're transmitting off the top floor, some of those comms may easily get picked up.

Stavro35

Well I don't know about this being an LTR system . I know for a fact that it's a single frequency, or likely a single frequency in use at Pike place market. The first time shops were mentioned I looked to see where the shops were located, PIke place market. And I have never heard of malls with luxury apartments. And Pike place has them. What I am hearing is Pike Place market security,no question,no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.