Pilot projects to improve communication links between RCMP and community peace officers underway

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Saskatchewan municipal government has access to PPSTN if they feel that it is necessary and are willing to purchase the radios and network access monthly fees. Examples are File Hills Police Service and Regina Police Service these both utilize RCMP subscriber units to access the PPSTN. I did not know anything about Community Peace Officers in Alberta so I had to find out. Community peace officers | AUMA.ca

redtalon

In Saskatchewan municipal government has access to PPSTN if they feel that it is necessary and are willing to purchase the radios and network access monthly fees. Examples are File Hills Police Service and Regina Police Service these both utilize RCMP subscriber units to access the PPSTN. I did not know anything about community peace officers in Alberta so I had to find out. Community peace officers | AUMA.ca
Any first responder agency in Alberta also has access to AFRRCS and also must purchase their own radios. There is no subscriber fees currently. While many are working on the same system, they can’t monitor RCMP talkgroups currently as they are all encrypted and the RCMP does not permit them access. Traffic Sheriffs are dispatched and monitored by RCMP for now anyways have radios programmed by RCMP for access. Sounds like they are considering something similar for the Community Peace Officers. I expect their radios would need to meet a certain spec for the RCMP to do this so they would have the ability to OTAR, disable units etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.