• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Pilots in hot water after landing on frozen lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Bullcrap. Local ordinances overstepping FAA regulations.

cpsTN

MINNEAPOLIS -- Two planes that landed on Lake Calhoun Monday afternoon have taken off, but not before the pilots were cited for violating a Park Board ordinance that prohibits planes from landing on park property without a permit.

kare11.com | Twin Cities, MN | Two small planes land on frozen Minnesota lake
After they landed on a frozen lake, would they be in COLD water, not HOT water? :)

Anyway, was the a problem or did they just want to see if it could be done? I assume these were small planes.

Also, does the Park get so many planes landing in them that an ordinance is needed?

Last edited:

canav844

Looks like a lot of media hype over what is just a parking violation and the county trying to get the $$ for it.

zz0468

Listening from DC to Daylight
Looks like a lot of media hype over what is just a parking violation and the county trying to get the $$ for it.
Exactly.

And if the vehicles were boats or jet skis or bicycles, it wouldn't have been in the news at all. The mere fact that it's a couple of airplanes getting parking citations made it "news".

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"I've been here in Minnesota all of my life," said Ron Ramsdell, who walked by the parked planes Monday afternoon. "I've never seen anything like this."

That's your answer right there, I've never seen anything like this... CALL THE COPS, CALL THE COPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.