Pima County fire agencies on PCWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
Going to Tuscon this weekend. Is Northwest, Golder Ranch still on VHF?

Is City of Tuscon fire silucasting on UHF?

Thanks

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Going to Tuscon this weekend. Is Northwest, Golder Ranch still on VHF?

Is City of Tuscon fire silucasting on UHF?

Thanks

Drexel-Heights, Rural Metro, Pascua Pueblo, and Tucson FD's are all on PCWIN now.

Northwest and its associates are still on VHF and for the foreseeable future won't be joining PCWIN :(

I've already updated the PCWIN TRS.

Have fun,

cookmaster

Pima County Fire agencies on PCWIN

good evening,E911,yes Northwest, Golder Ranch, and Three points, Picture rocks, Avra Valley Fires Depts. will remain on there Legacy system, but they do have PCWIN Radios for interops, Tucson Fire Dept. has a cross patch up with F-4&F-5,at the moment you can still hear TFD Dispatch on there House package UHF Freq 460.2000 !!!

tucsonflash

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to sound a little lost but I am...I cannot get Tucson Fire Dispatch or F1 anymore is this due to changing to this new network...If it is how/or can I get the frequencies now...Thank You

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
From what I have read the fire dept is now on PCWIN which is a 700mhz P25 Phase 2 system requiring either a compatible Motorola radio or a Phase 2 Trunking scanner such as the GRE 800, Uniden 436 and Uniden 536.

If a scanner you must program the system into the scanner or select the system depending on which scanner you get and then select/put in the appropriate talkgroups to receive the departments you wish to hear.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Please see the following link for the PCWIN Trunk system.

Pima County Wireless Integrated Network (PCWIN) Trunking System, Tucson, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies

Some talkgroups on this system are using Project 25 Phase II TDMA modulation which can ONLY be monitored using a P25 Phase II compatible scanner.

Please visit the RR Wiki Project 25 page at APCO Project 25 - The RadioReference Wiki for additional information.

As a reminder, 19 April we have our monthly SEARM meeting which we will discuss the PCWIN system and demonstrate the radios for you that can hear the system.

Please see the thread in the Arizona forum about the SEARM meeting.

Thanks

Sorry to sound a little lost but I am...I cannot get Tucson Fire Dispatch or F1 anymore is this due to changing to this new network...If it is how/or can I get the frequencies now...Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.