Pima County Fire Depts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Afternoon all,

I'm looking for someone that has knowledge of the Pima County FDs (AKA Tucson area). I have put together a Department numbering system using the Pima Co Wiki here. There are about 13 Depts or so that did not have their apparatus numbers listed. I may also have a few of the numbering sequences wrong for depts. So, if someone down here can look over the attached file and provide input I would appreciate it. Once this is complete I'll put it in the file section od the Yahoo Group.

Rich

Attachments

• Tucson Area FD Numbers.txt
    810 bytes · Views: 55

DanRollman

Database Admin
Afternoon all,

I'm looking for someone that has knowledge of the Pima County FDs (AKA Tucson area). I have put together a Department numbering system using the Pima Co Wiki here. There are about 13 Depts or so that did not have their apparatus numbers listed. I may also have a few of the numbering sequences wrong for depts. So, if someone down here can look over the attached file and provide input I would appreciate it. Once this is complete I'll put it in the file section od the Yahoo Group.

Rich

Thanks for doing that Rich. I'll try to get and send you a more current/complete list.

Note that Tucson Country Club FD exists only on tax bills - you'd never find a station, truck, or even a firefighter's W-2 labeled that. Like Tanque Verde Valley Fire District, Hidden Valley Fire District, Sabino Vista Fire District and some others, it is serviced by Rural Metro. These are basically just "neighborhoods" in which Rural Metro sponsored a 'fire district' so that every house in the neighborhood is a subscriber to Rural via the fire district contract. Back when state and local taxes were deductible on your federal tax return, it also resulted in a tax savings (rendering your 'fire district tax' tax deductible on your federal taxes even though a 'subscription' to Rural Metro was not tax deductible).

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
That make sense. I was wondering if those were a bunch of small depts like we had in VT. Thanks for the help with this. I’ve been in Tucson the last month and it could possibly be another month or so before I get back to Phx. I’m going through a bit of scanner withdrawal as slow as it is down here..... LOL

DanRollman

Database Admin
Thanks for doing that Rich. I'll try to get and send you a more current/complete list.

Sorry for delay. Here you go. Official numbering from the Pima County Fire Chiefs Association.

1-69 Tucson Fire Department
70-89 Rural/Metro
90-99 Special Events / Temporary Callsigns
120-129 Picture Rocks Fire District
140-149 South Tucson Fire Department
150-159 Green Valley Fire District
180-189 Corona De Tucson Fire District
190-199 Avra Valley Fire District
230-269 Tohono O'odham Fire Department
270-279 Pascua Yaqui Fire Department
280-289 Helmet Peak Fire Department
290-299 Rincon Valley Fire District
300-309 Three Points Fire District
310-319 Mount Lemmon Fire District
320-329 Elephant Head Fire Department
330-369 Northwest Fire District
370-389 Golder Ranch Fire District
400-499 Drexel Heights Fire District
700-709 Pima County OEM
710-711 Southwest International Raceway
720-720 Kitt Peak
725-725 ASARCO
740-749 Raytheon (disbanded; now Tucson Fire station 23)
750-759 Davis-Monthan AFB FD
760-769 Tucson International Airport Fire
770-770 Air National Guard Fire
780-789 Southern Arizona Rescue Association
800-899 Southwest Ambulance
900-999 Arizona State Land Fire Management

Numbers in the gaps are not currently assigned.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for delay. Here you go. Official numbering from the Pima County Fire Chiefs Association.

1-69 Tucson Fire Department
70-89 Rural/Metro
90-99 Special Events / Temporary Callsigns
120-129 Picture Rocks Fire District
140-149 South Tucson Fire Department
150-159 Green Valley Fire District
180-189 Corona De Tucson Fire District
190-199 Avra Valley Fire District
230-269 Tohono O'odham Fire Department
270-279 Pascua Yaqui Fire Department
280-289 Helmet Peak Fire Department
290-299 Rincon Valley Fire District
300-309 Three Points Fire District
310-319 Mount Lemmon Fire District
320-329 Elephant Head Fire Department
330-369 Northwest Fire District
370-389 Golder Ranch Fire District
400-499 Drexel Heights Fire District
700-709 Pima County OEM
710-711 Southwest International Raceway
720-720 Kitt Peak
725-725 ASARCO
740-749 Raytheon (disbanded; now Tucson Fire station 23)
750-759 Davis-Monthan AFB FD
760-769 Tucson International Airport Fire
770-770 Air National Guard Fire
780-789 Southern Arizona Rescue Association
800-899 Southwest Ambulance
900-999 Arizona State Land Fire Management

Numbers in the gaps are not currently assigned.

Thanks, I’ll work on getting that into a word format and post in the Az Scanner Group

Boatiac

Premium Subscriber
Good morning. I'm jumping into this thread mostly because I wasn't able to find a thread dealing with Pima County and my issue. My name is Mike, I am a retired FF from Utah, now living here in Green Valley. My GF gave me a Uniden BCT15X for Christmas. My problem is that I just don't know enough about programming these things and am just uncomfortable with trying to do it myself. I am not looking for "freebies", I am hoping I can be sent in a direction locally, to get this programmed with what I want. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Good morning. I'm jumping into this thread mostly because I wasn't able to find a thread dealing with Pima County and my issue. My name is Mike, I am a retired FF from Utah, now living here in Green Valley. My GF gave me a Uniden BCT15X for Christmas. My problem is that I just don't know enough about programming these things and am just uncomfortable with trying to do it myself. I am not looking for "freebies", I am hoping I can be sent in a direction locally, to get this programmed with what I want. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Unfortunately the BCT15X isn't capable of monitoring the type of system that Pima County (including Green Valley Fire and Pima County Sheriff) use. You'll need a scanner capable of decoding "Phase II P25 digital trunked systems," which start in the $500 range new. I use the Uniden SDS100. The benefit of that device is that it is quite easy to program because data can be automatically downloaded from this-here website right into it.

A Unication G4 would also work well (better actually), but it is more of a 'monitoring' device than a scanner - though it does have some scan functionality, I think it is better suited for regular monitoring of a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.