BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Pima County - PCWIN - No TPD reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavron

Premium Subscriber
Greetings! New unit, ran Sentinel, updated to latest, and now it shows the PCWIN system. Yes, I enabled LAW dispatch LAW talk LAW tac.

The Pima County Sheriff's Office (PCSO) come through 5/5.
TPD never comes through.

I've manually sat on TPD F3 (midtown dispatch) and TPD F4 (east dispatch) and heard nothing for 30 minutes each. That's just not possible.

Given that they use the same system (PCWIN) same radios same repeaters same frequencies just different tags I am unable to figure out what I'm doing wrong so as to not be able to receive these.

I am a BCD436HP newbie. Just got it Saturday, watched Youtube videos, read the manual (kmn ;), read some quickstart guides, but nothing is giving me a clue why when I'm on "channel" I hear nothing.

[Squelch is 2 and PCSO comes in 5/5 so I shouldn't need to lower it for TPD but I have tried 0 anyway and to no effect.]

I did read this forum's references to the BCD436HP and BCD536HP and PCWIN and TPD and was unable to find anything related. I *did* find this guy having the same problem elsewhere but nobody helped him out: Setup

I would appreciate any help in resolving this.

Thank you,

Ehud Gavron
Tucson, AZ US

gavron

Premium Subscriber
What sites are you monitoring? I have the best luck with Simulcast A. I am on the far east side near Speedway and Harrison.

Try downloading my Tucson.hpe file and see if that makes any difference for you.

http://www.kd7eir.com/Tucson.hpe

I honestly don't understand the question. Here's what I'm listening to:
system: PCWIN
next level: Tucson Police

I try all the "channels" underneath there, including TPD East dispatch, TPD midtown dispatch, etc. No audio ever shows up.

I don't know what you mean by Simulcast A.

I don't know what to do with an HPE file.

I can receive TFD, PCSO, TIA police, Pasqua Yaqui (seriously), Yuma WIN (seriously), etc. with no issues nor special settings. Those come in crystal clear 5/5 nothing special set. TPD nothing nada no squelch break ever and when sitting on a "channel" with squelch 0 never breaks it.

Since PCWIN uses the same towers/repeaters/antennas/radios etc. if I can hear PCSO then I should be able to hear TPD, right?

I took the radio to midtown (Speedway/Alvernon) and was still picking up PCSO, TFD, etc. but -no- TPD.

I've reset it to factory default twice, only changing the following
- keybeeps down to 4
- backlight to keypress/infinite
- enable aircraft and LAW tac + LAW talk
And yet still no TPD.

Look, I admit I'm a novice at this Phase 2 thing and this non "traditional" scanner (no "scan/hold" buttons). However I'm willing to not only learn but I'm wiling to pay to be taught.

Can you make my BCD436HP receive TPD? If you can teach me... that's best. If that's difficult and you can demonstrate by doing, I'm fine with making it worth your while. This has frustrated me for two days now...

E

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Ehud,

I sent you a PM with my phone number. I am just down the street from you.

Call me and I will help you out.

gavron

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! PM'd. Will re-acquire necessary hw and connect!

Again much appreciated!

Ehud

gavron

Premium Subscriber
SOLVED - not only by using FLANO's HPE file, but by downloading a new master database. Either the old one was corrupt or my obsolete laptop messed it up while downloading. I used a new laptop today and the update (firmware and db) went smooth and simple...

Locked on system PCWIN; locked on dept TUCSON POLICE, and I'm hearing all the sectors!!!

Thanks for the assist, guys!

Ehud
N5NEQ

BrianAZ

Again, NO TPD! Grr

So, I was up and running without any issues. No updates, other than maybe my scanner batter running low and dead, I recharged, turned on and NO TPD! I have tried Simucast A, others and nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

To rule out most things, I am pretty savy, so I have made sure that the handheld unit has all its updates and connect without issues to my PC and software.

BrianAZ

KD7EIR - Tucson.HPE

What sites are you monitoring? I have the best luck with Simulcast A. I am on the far east side near Speedway and Harrison.

Try downloading my Tucson.hpe file and see if that makes any difference for you.

KD7EIR

Hello Sir,

I downloaded your .hpe, it looks a little more promising on my handheld scanner, but I still get nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.