Pima County Wireless Integrated Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

murch103

Hi. I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I am repeating something that was already posted. As of yesterday, the Tucson Police Department switched over to the PCWIN (Pima County Wireless Integrated Network) and no longer transmits on the old system. For many years I have enjoyed listening to the feeds using an old Radio Shack scanner. Now all I hear is silence. I know the new system requires a more technical type of scanner. Can anyone recommend some models that will be able to receive the new PCWIN channels? I'm looking for the LEAST expensive model I can find, either base or hand-held. Also, can someone give me a list of the new frequencies for the Tucson Police Department radios? Thank you....

KE7VJW

Premium Subscriber
Hi, there are three scanners that will work on the PCWIN system at this time. Two from Unidens BCD436HP AND BCD536HP which are around $600.00. The GRE PSR-800 will also work and you might be able to find one on ebay.

The frequencies are listed with some of the talk groups in the Pima County section of the Databasses.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.