• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Pin-outs for d25 cable to RIB programme HT1000

Docsteve2

Dear experts, I’m in desperate need of support in programming some HT1000’s that I’ve had for many years, and indeed had them working at one time.

I bought one of those ebay RIB boxes but obviously they only come with the actual box along with the D25 cable for connection of RIB to COM port. I wonder if anyone can tell me or point me in the right direction for creating the corresponding D25 to handset cable so that I can make one up and programme that way.

or indeed, is there a way of getting this these HT1000’s programmed using the other cable I have which is the eBay D9 to handset cable designed to be used in order to programme directly from DOS ‘machine’ and any tips on how to get this to work? I’m pretty sure I did have this working in the past nut that laptop is long gone so setting up the appropriate DOS machine is not easy these days. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• 9B0CDF04-C19B-4925-9B7B-AE750CC0448E.jpeg
    9B0CDF04-C19B-4925-9B7B-AE750CC0448E.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 6

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

If you need pure DOS, which you do to get the program to work, I use an old Windows XP laptop that has a true RS-232 port. I downloaded a program called "RUFUS" that I put on a USB thumb drive. I set the laptop to boot up off the USB drive if it is plugged in. I put a copy of HT1000.exe on the same drive. Haven't had any issues, but I'm using a true Motorola RIB and programming cable.

Docsteve2

Thanks. I’ve tried this using Rufus and booting from DOS on the pen drive, but it refuses to make a successful RIB connection. Any suggestions as to why?

Docsteve2

Is the Rib Box Powered by a 9 Volt Battery or Wall Wart?
Have you put a new Battery in the Rib Box?
Have you tested the Wall Wart Power Supply?
The RIB box offers both options, I can put in a 9v battery or I can buy and use a 9v plug in power supply, but obviously I’ve don’t neither yet as I don’t have the db25 pin outs to wire the plug yet.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Thanks. I’ve tried this using Rufus and booting from DOS on the pen drive, but it refuses to make a successful RIB connection. Any suggestions as to why?

The RIB box offers both options, I can put in a 9v battery or I can buy and use a 9v plug in power supply, but obviously I’ve don’t neither yet as I don’t have the db25 pin outs to wire the plug yet.

The computer won't show a connection to the RIB. The RIB isn't smart, it's just a fancy level converter, RS232 to TTL. It's not going to show a connection unless there is a radio connected.