Pinellas Co Dispatch Freq/Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what frequency they dispatch the various stations? and if so what tones they use for the various stations

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
Pinellas County Fire Dispatch

Anyone know what frequency they dispatch the various stations? and if so what tones they use for the various stations

Hi, posted the above a while back and did not receive any feedback? Someone must know how they dispatch the various stations.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Most of the fire rescue agencies in Pinellas are dispatched on the county-wide P25 trunked system. I'm not entirely sure how the stations are alerted these days, but if I recall correctly, tones are no longer sent over the air.

tpredmore

Pinellas broadcasts an encode tone before voice dispatch is done. That encode tone sets off the stations lights and bells. They also send call info to pagers via UHF frequency, if I remember correctly.

crash1

Tones and digital encoding are no longer used in the Pinellas system they use IP base system two alert stations.

CanesFan95

Pinellas broadcasts an encode tone before voice dispatch is done. That encode tone sets off the stations lights and bells. They also send call info to pagers via UHF frequency, if I remember correctly.

Yes, it's 460.600 MHz, POCSAG 512 baud. You can decode it with PDW software. Sunstar used to have their own separate paging frequency on UHF, but I believe they've now combined with the FDs on 460.600.

Status
Not open for further replies.