Pinellas County Fire/rescue Live Scanner Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
In a couple of hours i will be starting a live fee. The channels will that will be monitored will be dispatch and fire tac channels.. Pinellas county fire/rescue has 15 different departments for a total of 70 stations all working off one dispatch. The system is very busy and there is alot to listen to never a dull monment.. i will be doing this on a regular basis soon as i get the server up.. i would like feed back in who would be intersted is listening to this..

Last edited:

iepoker

Yeah, that is a very busy system... i lived in St Pete for a while, and hes right, it never gets quiet.

...we will need a link to your stream though, big guy =)

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
scanner feed is up and working right now... shoutcast.com then enter the word scanner and search.. look for the feed call PINELLAS COUNTY FIRE/RESCUE.... happy listening this will be broadcasting live all night..

DanHenry

Very nicely done.

Excellent job pinellasfirefighter. The main reason I wanted to check out your new feed was because I've looked at the Pinellas real-time CAD a few times after seeing links here. Pinellas does an outstanding job offering that service.

The feed sounds great. I'm just curious, but why are you streaming at 128K? That's sure overkill for scanner audio and must put a healthy load on your server. Are you using the high rate to cut down on the time delay?

Thanks,

-Dan

DanHenry

There's no magic answer. 128K streams are great for music quality audio. If you check shoutcast.com you'll see that most of the scanner feeds run around 24K.

Try something like 24K and see how it sounds to you. My local DSL is only 1500K download and 256K upload. If you're lucky enough to have more bandwidth you'd still max out pretty fast if your feed gets popular using the 128K rate.

I've tinkered with Winamp/Shoutcast streaming but don't run one full time. One thing you might notice if you drop the rate is some time delay between the scanner audio (real-time) and when you hear it through the feed.

-Dan

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
It sounds great audio. I hear it good Thanks. What are you using for the live I might be changing it..

iepoker

Feed and the CAD working great here in Southern California (I grew up at 60 AVE S and 25th St S) in the 80's

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
i am getting alot of buffering here as well on Roadrunner (4Meg Bandwidth) might still b streaming a little high bandwidth wise

i am going to set one up but there are live broadcasts here in orlando already

i would like to hear a lapd one or la county fd

Status
Not open for further replies.