Pinellas County Fire/rescue Live Scanner Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
pinellasfirefighter said:
hmmm.. is the buffering something on my part and if so what can i do to fix it ?
It probably is on your part. It seems like there are too many people listening at once.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
yeah i have a bunch for only my second day.. but everybody saids it one of the most clear scanner fees they have heard..

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
pinellasfirefighter said:
yeah i have a bunch for only my second day.. but everybody saids it one of the most clear scanner fees they have heard..
it is clear, that's not the issue. 24kbps is clear enough, and that only refers to the quality of the sound, not the total number of connections alloted.

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
yeah i have it set at 40 and i running about 29 people of average.. i have cable modem and a pretty beefed up custom computer..

blacker

i think you shoudl limit the connections to 20 and see if that helps. it keeps buffering ever couple minutes for me..

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
will do.. a few people say its buffering and others are saying they have no problem.. i guess i`ll have to set it back down to 20..

DanHenry

Still buffering. Need to reduce max # of users.

Hi PF,

I'm listening right now and it's buffering like crazy. Before I started listening I checked the stats on your page at

http://67.9.17.161:8000/index.html

It showed "Stream is up at 24 kbps with 28 of 40 listeners (4 unique)"

Once I connected it changed to:
"Stream is up at 24 kbps with 29 of 40 listeners (5 unique)"

The strange part is the "5 unique" users. Either you have somebody listening multiple times on the same computer or possibly you're getting multiple listeners behind a company proxy server. Either way it's still too many so you'll probably need to cut back well below 30.

Do you know what the max upload capacity of your cable system is?

-Dan

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
nope i dont know the max upload.. but i set down to 20. my computer was getting slow when i was trying to open a web page.. i guess 31 people were to much.. tell if its any better now..

DanHenry

I sounds fine now but there are only three users. I forgot that your Shoutcast listing also showed AOL. If you're also streaming that way it'll eat up the bandwidth too.

The new 24K rate sounds as good as the previous 128K.

-Dan

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
what about aol? i`m not streaming over aol. you have to excuse me i`m new to this trying to get everything ironed out its only my second day streaming.. your help is greatly appreciated

DanHenry

Pinellasfirefighter,

My mistake on the AOL part. I saw it listed with your Shoutcast link and thought you were streaming that way too.

I think I figured out the problem.

RoadRunner cable advertises a couple of max download speeds around 5 or 8 Mbps. The important spec for your server is the max upload speed.

"Q: What is Road Runner Premium?

A: Road Runner Premium is a wonderful product for people who enjoy online activities such as video news and entertainment, online gaming, sharing photos or people who just appreciate really fast speeds! Road Runner Premium offers speeds of up to 8 Mbps downstream and 512 Kbps upstream. "

Even with their premium service you'd max out at around 20 users.

Keep up the good work. I won't be a regular listener but I'm sure you'll have many that enjoy it with the auto CAD web site!

-Dan

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
thanks for the info... i`ll try 20 if it stays a problem.. i`ll go down more. i think i`m going to switch to the butel program for streaming in the near future..

iepoker

Someone tell me how to uplink one, and I could do LAPD or Pomona PD, or something good... I just dont know how to beam it out.

Dig?

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
I'm hearing it great now, no buffering.

I have a question about when the calls are dropped to the units. I'm assuming Sunstar units get their calls on another frequency, probably their own, and then talk to the units on the pinellas tac channels. How do the regular pinellas units get their calls?

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
sunstar is dispatched on their own channel but soon as that happens they come over to the fire tac channel that the incident is working on.. i guess you are asking me how does the fire/rescue get there calls.. all 70 stations get their calls off of i dispatch channel called 1-alpha when they are dispatched they are assigned a tac channel to work on..

Status
Not open for further replies.