Pinellas County Fire/ Rescue Switch to P25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard one of the dispatches say that they are working on alternate radio channels due to radio maintenance. I can also tell (by radio IDs) that they are NOT using the normal consoles. In addition to a lot of talk-permit tones are heard when Dispatch is TX. My suspicion is that they are reprogramming the consoles and getting ready for the FD switch to the digital system.

kayleesdad

Maybe those would be on site 5, as if site 5 would be the current ridgecrest site? Heard awhile ago tgid 2700 and up a bit up were being tested for sunstar/ems, and that was a long 'awhile' ago so of who knows, not I.

Maybe those would be on site 5, as if site 5 would be the current ridgecrest site? Heard awhile ago tgid 2700 and up a bit up were being tested for sunstar/ems, and that was a long 'awhile' ago so of who knows, not I.

Thanks for the info on that TG, I have heard FD 1F on 522. The FD was doing training one night and they were on 1F to have dispatch implemented into training.
FYI. Last night dispatch was back on their normal consoles, currently they are on the backup radios again.

Status
Not open for further replies.