Pinellas County ( FL ) Feed having Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredva

Feed Provider
Hello just wondering why the Pinellas County Feed is up and down the last few week`s?
There are two Pinellas County public safety feeds. You didn't specify which one but I'm guessing it is the Fire & EMS feed since it is currently down. Feeds are provided by local volunteers with scanners, so usually only the feed provider knows why his/her feed is offline. Possible reasons include internet connectivity issues, power outages, and problems with hardware. You could use the Contact Broadcaster link on the feed's web page to ask your question. But there's no guarantee that asking for the reason is going to get the problem resolved any sooner.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
There are two Pinellas County public safety feeds. You didn't specify which one but I'm guessing it is the Fire & EMS feed since it is currently down. Feeds are provided by local volunteers with scanners, so usually only the feed provider knows why his/her feed is offline. Possible reasons include internet connectivity issues, power outages, and problems with hardware. You could use the Contact Broadcaster link on the feed's web page to ask your question. But there's no guarantee that asking for the reason is going to get the problem resolved any sooner.
Anyone know if the Fire/EMS feed will come back (hopeful)

they4kman

Premium Subscriber
Hello! I bought a LimeSDR in July as a paternity leave project (I was hoping to decode an FHSS video baby monitor on my computer). After the wifey was a little sketched out due to some police shining flashlights in our backyard, I sought out a way to listen to the police channels. I, too, found the Pinellas County feed totally silent, so I learned to set up trunk-recorder w/ my Lime to monitor the Pinellas County System. I just learned I can upload all these calls to Broadcastify, and have done so here: Broadcastify

I'm not very familiar with the difference between Broadcastify Calls and Feeds, though. Is it possible to have my uploaded Calls broadcasted as an audio Feed alongside these listings?

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
Hello! I bought a LimeSDR in July as a paternity leave project (I was hoping to decode an FHSS video baby monitor on my computer). After the wifey was a little sketched out due to some police shining flashlights in our backyard, I sought out a way to listen to the police channels. I, too, found the Pinellas County feed totally silent, so I learned to set up trunk-recorder w/ my Lime to monitor the Pinellas County System. I just learned I can upload all these calls to Broadcastify, and have done so here: Broadcastify

I'm not very familiar with the difference between Broadcastify Calls and Feeds, though. Is it possible to have my uploaded Calls broadcasted as an audio Feed alongside these listings?
Thanks for the upload or feed whatever it is it is great, actually better then the previous feed.

they4kman

Premium Subscriber
Glad to hear it. I'm still learning (read: I don't know anything) about reducing the error/spike counts in trunk-recorder, or where to place the antenna (it's on my windowsill), and I'm not sure I've got coverage over all the control channels... but it works well in the car, and I've always got stories to bring home :p

they4kman

Premium Subscriber
Update: Back in May, I noticed another calls system covering Pinellas County Site-005. Since I'd been running trunk-recorder on my desktop the whole time, where it'd been eating up CPU in the background and urging me to avoid restarts, I decided to cut my feed.

A couple days ago, though, I was on a leisure drive down Central Ave at around 1:30 AM when I encountered three police cruisers on the corner of MLK, tending to a man on the ground. As I went westward, I passed four more cruisers rushing to the scene; when I reached the 275 underpass, I passed the ambulance. I made my usual U-turn at 28th, but when I reached MLK going eastward, it was a crime scene: they taped off the entire intersection all the way to Pizza Box.

I rushed to broadcastify to check the Site-005 calls, but they didn't exist! So, to avoid being out of the loop next time, I've brought up a new Site-005 calls system. This time, trunk-recorder is running on a separate machine, and I've run the antenna on the roof (just for good measure).

(For reference, it turned out to be a shooting. A 26-year-old male, who died shortly after in the hospital. No suspects, yet, and not really much to go on.)

they4kman

Premium Subscriber
I'm beginning to suspect that putting the antenna on the roof boosted signals a little too well: I think I'm receiving broadcasts from two different repeaters (the one at the police station, 1301 1st Ave N; and the one near the Howard Frankland and Gandy bridges, 10540 16th St N), and since they likely arrive milliseconds apart, I believe it's causing these high levels of errors/spikes I'm seeing. The quality is... annoying. It's crisp and clear, then BAM! a little blip to blow out my ears.

After reading this thread, I've been considering the purchase of a directional 800-900MHz directional antenna. But I'm gonna have to do a lot more research on how to mount such a thing, because I have no idea. I've thus far been using an omnidirectional, car-mounted scanner antenna, simply placing it on some steel chimney plate for the magnetic plane. Maybe I can move it back to my window in the meantime :p

Status
Not open for further replies.