Pinellas County P25 (802.BEE00)

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Are you hearing PSTA? They should all be encrypted.
Yes, it is a lot of radio to radio chatter, mostly a dispatcher telling a bus driver which route to pick up and his times, or any other instance of a supervisor explaining something to a driver. Its all happening outside of the talk group.

tpredmore

Anyone else having a difficult time picking up radio traffic on the Pinellas P25 system? Wondering if the control channel changed.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
That's what I do. For some reason though I have to hold on the site to get transmissions all of a sudden.
What scanner do you have? Which site are you trying to monitor?

Site 4 was reported as being down awhile ago, but I'm not sure if it's come back. I can't pick up Pinellas County's system over here in Thonotosassa, so I wouldn't know if it's back or not.

tpredmore

What scanner do you have? Which site are you trying to monitor?

Site 4 was reported as being down awhile ago, but I'm not sure if it's come back. I can't pick up Pinellas County's system over here in Thonotosassa, so I wouldn't know if it's back or not.
I'm using a SDS100. I typically monitor Sites 4, 5 and 10. Site 4 is still down, from what I can tell.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
From what I can tell, Site 4 is still offline, but I've been able to listen to Site 5 and 10, no issues. I'm assuming the lack of a 'ACTIVE RFSS CONNECTION' in SDRTrunk means its offline.

pinellas-p25-info.png

tpredmore

Anyone else having a difficult time picking up radio traffic on the Pinellas P25 system? Wondering if the control channel changed.
I think I might have been picking up interference from a distant system that uses same freq(s). I ended up deleting all of the non-control channel/alternate control channels and it seems to be working fine now.

sanman1960

Still nothing on Site 4. Moved my TG’s to site 5 and all working great crystal Clear on my Unication G4.

nikoz1200

What strategy are you guys using regarding sites when monitoring this system? Im using a SDS100, and have FD to only use site 5, as I felt that I was missing calls when all sites were active. I have not heard anything on site 10, 12 or 2. I'm in St. Pete.

SPPD seems to favor site 4, but I can't swear that i've not seen them on 5 also.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
What strategy are you guys using regarding sites when monitoring this system?

I had pretty good luck listening in with SDRTrunk and 3 RTL dongles last time I was there during the summer for a week or so. Mostly, I just focused on listening to PSCO patrols and some Fire and EMS stuff, but I had the alias list pulled up ready to mute and unmute different groups as they got busy or monotonous at times, switching it up through out the day. I just stuck with Site 5 while I was staying in the Largo/Seminole area. I had an earlier post where I was showing my alias list, so that's pretty much how I listened to it.

nikoz1200

I've managed to run Unitrunker 2.1.0.90 with one SDR listening to 2 control channels, so I'm watching sites 4 and 5 side by side. As previously stated 4 is St. Pete PD and various city services, while 5 has SPPD, PCSO, FD, Sunstar and various others. So, I think it's safe to only listen to site 5, unless you care about St. Pete sanitation and pubic works stuff.

I can't pick up sites 2, 10, or 12. Who are the users on those sites?

tpredmore

I've managed to run Unitrunker 2.1.0.90 with one SDR listening to 2 control channels, so I'm watching sites 4 and 5 side by side. As previously stated 4 is St. Pete PD and various city services, while 5 has SPPD, PCSO, FD, Sunstar and various others. So, I think it's safe to only listen to site 5, unless you care about St. Pete sanitation and pubic works stuff.

I can't pick up sites 2, 10, or 12. Who are the users on those sites?
Site 12 is data only, no voice.