Pinellas County P25 (802.BEE00)

pcalandra

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Pinellas County encrypted its Fire & EMS talk groups or made some other change? For some reason I can no longer hear them or Sunstar. I can still hear St. Pete PD. I'm using a Uniden SDS200 with a Bingfu 20-1300MHz Antenna. It has been working for months.

tpredmore

Does anyone know if Pinellas County encrypted its Fire & EMS talk groups or made some other change? For some reason I can no longer hear them or Sunstar. I can still hear St. Pete PD. I'm using a Uniden SDS200 with a Bingfu 20-1300MHz Antenna. It has been working for months.
I'm hearing FD and Sunstar fine. Make sure you have Site 5 enabled, they are only on Site 5.

pcalandra

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, it was enabled but Site 5 had a P25 NAC of NAC800 all other sites were set to NAC Search. Don't know if that was the issue but I changed to NAC Search and now it seems to be working. Still new to this so not sure exactly how it works. I assume the NAC replaces PL or CTCSS. Again thanks for the help

mikeyc0120

Hi guys, maybe someone can help me out? I just got the uniden Trunktracker 5 (bcd996p2) and I've programmed it for all the county sites and the fire, ems, pcso TGs. I used the ARC-XT sofrware and pulled it right from this database. Its working but seems like its missing channels. Im getting parts of a convo and after trying a few things and moving the threshold to 8, I started getting longer bits but now the audio will drop out about every 5 seconds for a second or two. Does anyone know about this scanner and familiar with this issue? Or am I missing some channels?? Thanks!

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Hi guys, maybe someone can help me out? I just got the uniden Trunktracker 5 (bcd996p2) and I've programmed it for all the county sites and the fire, ems, pcso TGs. I used the ARC-XT sofrware and pulled it right from this database. Its working but seems like its missing channels. Im getting parts of a convo and after trying a few things and moving the threshold to 8, I started getting longer bits but now the audio will drop out about every 5 seconds for a second or two. Does anyone know about this scanner and familiar with this issue? Or am I missing some channels?? Thanks!
Your issue is that you bought a scanner that is susceptible to simulcast distortion to scan a simulcast system.

Go SDS100 or SDS200.

mikeyc0120

Your issue is that you bought a scanner that is susceptible to simulcast distortion to scan a simulcast system.

Go SDS100 or SDS200.
Well that's good to know! Geez thought that was one of the better ones! Thanks I'll try that, thanks Amazon for your no hassle returns lol

mitbr

Problems with entire system 1/11 2023 815 pm...... thought it was me but checked on hp2 and G4, also units reporting problems freq radio checks. site signals keep droping.
Tim :cool:

baayers

I’m hearing tons of traffic on Sites 2 and 10 that’s normally only on 5. As of the time I am writing this, I am hearing all fire and EMS traffic, Largo, Pinellas Park, and Bay Pines. I actually came here wondering if anyone knew what was going on and saw the last couple of posts so that explains a lot. I heard the radio checks on Wednesday night and thought it was strange, but didn’t think anymore of it until tonight when I turned on the other sites.

it seems better now but earlier tonight even on my SDS 100 Site 5 was extremely choppy and garbled with signal strength all over the place.

CanesFan95

What type of tone alert protocol does fire dispatch use on Alpha? It's not 2-tone. It sounds more like a blurp of 4-6 rapid tones. Are there any scanners or software that cane decode it?.