Pinellas County P25 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TampaTommy

I just bought a new Uniden BCD325P2 scanner a few days ago, and all of Hillsborough and Pasco county work fine on the EDACS system. I have everything programmed with a Radio Reference premium account through Freescan, but when I try to listen, i hear nothing. If i hold the 800mhz control frequency on the scanner, i hear dead air. Nothing comes through.

Any ideas on whether its a setting that is not programmed correctly? Currently on freescan i have only the control channels programmed into the system and i went and added the alternate frequencies manually in the scanner and still hear nothing ever.

TampaTommy

I am scanning all of the sites. Would it be better to erase all of the ones except for 5?

And I only need to add the control channels on the bcd325,correct?

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Did you try the zip code function to pick up the local trunked departments, if you try that then maybe you can see if it picks it up and narrow it down to what the problem is.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
see if freescan is importing SYSTEM type is p25 std?
everytime i do a system in indiana it does it as moto type II.I change to P25 std works fine.
this is the system setting not site.
i might be wrong but think it should be p25 std.

sites should also be p25 std

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Did you try the zip code function to pick up the local trunked departments, if you try that then maybe you can see if it picks it up and narrow it down to what the problem is.

Zip code function on a 325???

TampaTommy

Ok so I reprogrammed Pinellas, and this time when I pulled the info from Radio Reference it added the system as a Motorola Type 2/P25, and the Site Type defaulted to Mot P25/P25 STD.

Under the site tab in freescan, when I look at "Trunk Frequencies", it lists all of the frequencies and not just the control channel. Will this matter, and do I need to change it to only show control channels?

CanesFan95

I have the same problem with a BCD996P2 from here in Hillsborough County. On Site 5, the scanner looks like it locks on to the control channel, but it never stops on any talk groups. You basically just hear nothing. I'm 99% sure the reason for this is because of our consumer-grade scanners do not properly handle / decode P25 simulcast.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I am in Sarasota with G5 and received Site 5 and all Fire calls last night and almost every night I try.
Ed

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
All the way in Sarasota!!!! I live on the second floor of my condo on Siesta Key pointing east and little north. I only get them if it is cloudy and after sundown. I get from one to three bars on the G5. That radio is great on simo and I am using the RS 800 antenna when trying to receive signals over 30 miles away.
Ed

TampaTommy

Part of my problem is that I'm not within range with the regular antenna that came with the scanner. I listened on my way to work in the morning and I was able to hear that loud obnoxious noise when I would hold the channel on one of the 800mhz frequencies. Unfortunately nothing would come through if I switched to any channel in the different sites. A message kept popping up about finding a control channel.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Please do be careful with using your scanner while driving though, as it is against Florida law to operate one in a motor vehicle, unless you possess an amateur radio license.

I know you may already know that, but this is just a reminder in general to anybody who actually does this.

TampaTommy

So I ended up getting much closer to pinellas in my journies the past couple of days, and I was able to pick up some of the talk groups, mainly Pinellas Sheriff Alpha 4. It was crystal clear, and everything worked well, however, when I would manually switch to other talk groups, i would not get any voice, but an 800mhz frequency would show up on the screen with "DAT" next to it. I will try and attach a picture. When I would hear voice on the PCSO channel, the "DAT" would change to "P25". Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0899.jpg
    IMG_0899.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 150

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
Control Channel Changes..

I was trying to listen to the north county system this evening and my 396xlt indicates finding control channell. The radio is silent.....I can hear the trunk tones when I break the squelch....getting a strong signal with my discone. I. Think it is the Ridgecrest system I have been using. Anyone know of any changes?

TY

TampaTommy

Lets try this again. Dont know why it rotated the first time.

Attachments

• 21122841_10210387973831457_882653368_o.jpg
    21122841_10210387973831457_882653368_o.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.