Pinellas County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Yes. I moved to Pinellas a little over a month ago and they popped up a few weeks after I got here. So far, it appears that they're the only TGs on that site.

I know site 2 is North, site 4 is St. Pete/South, and site 5 is countywide - where does site 10 live?

Yes. I moved to Pinellas a little over a month ago and they popped up a few weeks after I got here. So far, it appears that they're the only TGs on that site.

I know site 2 is North, site 4 is St. Pete/South, and site 5 is countywide - where does site 10 live?

Not sure, I also don't know why they are skipping site numbers. I do know that, 1 day I was working at the new Public Safety Complex on Ulmerton, in the new dispatch room, they had a few Moto boxes that said "Programmed Site 10". I was not able to see what the specific equipment was however.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Noticed this just today as well.

Also... does anyone know if the PCSO Bravo talkgroups are on the P25 system yet?

I ask because I was listening to B-4 during the traffic crash in Palm Harbor today. It sounded like the users were using P25 and the talkgroup was patched to talkgroup on the old system. .

It's hard to describe the audio quality, but I've heard it before during times when I knew P25 and analog groups were patched.

I tried putting my scanner to search mode and came up with nothing other than direct calls. I also tried to get Unitrunker running on my laptop but it didn't work out.

Any ideas?

Noticed this just today as well.

Also... does anyone know if the PCSO Bravo talkgroups are on the P25 system yet?

I ask because I was listening to B-4 during the traffic crash in Palm Harbor today. It sounded like the users were using P25 and the talkgroup was patched to talkgroup on the old system. .

It's hard to describe the audio quality, but I've heard it before during times when I knew P25 and analog groups were patched.

I tried putting my scanner to search mode and came up with nothing other than direct calls. I also tried to get Unitrunker running on my laptop but it didn't work out.

Any ideas?

I don't believe Bravo is patched yet. I have Unitrunker running for parts of the day and dont notice any other TGs.

It appears as if Site 10 is (of some sort) only the Public Safety Complex, in which case (currently) only SO Patrol are heard on Site 10 since those are the only channels that have switched to the Complex. NO other channels come up on Site 10. Any other thoughts?

Last edited:

kayleesdad

yep, secure 1588 shall be, it would appear. comes up on unitrunker at the same time as 41792 opens and closes coms over and over again, but we can only 'best guess' that relationship.

claman5

Let me rephrase my question.
Is all of Pinellas County and St. Pete on the P25 trunked system yet?
Which of the five sites are being used on P25/ If not then which sites are being used? (2,4,5,10,12.)
I have just started listening to the Pinelias systems on the analog Simulcast side. Would like to listen to the P25 digital side.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.