Pinellas County Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeapFrog

Lots of discussion this week on SPPD's talkgroups about rebanding, most of the portables are done and the mobiles will be done next week.

Does anyone have the new frequencies? It would be great to get the database updated, too.

kayleesdad

So that's what the "pick up your new radio" talk was about. There was an extra control channel off and on earlier this week, but it wasn't consistent. When they convert, the main control channel(s) shouldn't be hard to find. Hopefully the programming software can register the new fequencies if the system is checked as a "rebanded" system.

kayleesdad

Tgid 4352

Sounds like the guys who know about radios are on TGID 4352 (5B PCW2) for awhile this evening on stpete mot ii. Maybe the experts? Lots about interoperability between local systems and state system. Interesting at least.

gcr33

Are you sure about interoperablity with the States leased Harris encrypted radio system?

While you can use a motorbridge to link various systems since we know that theirs is encrypted I was wondering what you heard?

Sounds like the guys who know about radios are on TGID 4352 (5B PCW2) for awhile this evening on stpete mot ii. Maybe the experts? Lots about interoperability between local systems and state system. Interesting at least.

kayleesdad

Nope, I couldn't be sure about what the interop guys were talking about even if I hadn't been in the final quarter of Guiness-12 because that stuff is way over my head. I figured they might be on RR, too, and might provide some guidance or resources that we could read.

The upcoming seminar with Webb/Ruiz sounded interesting; I seem to have found one of Webb's old powerpoints online.

Maybe part of Dept. of Management Services, Suncom or FIN (FL Interop Network), interop efforts? I haven't read those web sites before.

Florida Interoperability Network (FIN) / Radio Communications / Public Safety / SUNCOM / Department of Management Services - DMS
Statewide Law Enforcement Radio System (SLERS) / Radio Communications / Public Safety / SUNCOM / Department of Management Services - DMS

kayleesdad

Maybe now that Nextel is paying more lawyers for another year and half, they'll get 'em to hurry up!

http://www.pinellascounty.org/bcc-agenda/2009_03_17/2009_03_17_bcc/24.pdf

DATE: March 17,2009
RECOMMENDATION: I RECOMMEND THAT THE BOARD OF COUNTY
COMMISSIONERS APPROVE THE ATTACHED CONTRACT WITH SPECIAL COUNSEL FOR HOURLY LEGAL SERVICES RELATING TO THE REALIGNMENT OF COUNTY RADIO FREQUENCIES.

DISCUSSION: On May 16, 2006, the Board of County Commissioners entered into a contract
with Miller and Van Eaton, P.L.L.C. for legal services associated with the "rebanding" of certain
radio frequencies in the 800 MHz public safety band. The expense of this representation was to
be borne by SprintfNextel in accordance with the FCC order transferring the frequencies. The
rebanding process has taken somewhat longer than anticipated and it is necessary to up date the
agreement to extend the expiration date. The new agreement will run until December 31,2010,
or notification that all actions necessary to complete the rebanding process have been performed.
There should be no expense associated with this agreement as this cost will be paid for by
SprintfNextel. Any additional work will be at the expense of the County, only upon specific
authorization.
JLB:RCS

800ta.org listed the following frequencies for pinellas. some are the upper band of ridgecrest minus 15, others are new. the website shows that many lower band freq. will remain the same or change. as the wiki rebanding page indicates, nobody may know until it is programmed in finally. Not even sure what the frequencies below are supposed to be for, but the ones listed for hillsborough are the current ones (east and west sites) with the new 5 on the west site.

We need to find someone who is "in the know"!

kayleesdad

Well, sounds like SPPD is down to the last radios needing rebanding as the calls this morning went out to the stragglers to get it done. I guess we'll learning about rebanding soon enough.

Code_Brown

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The reason for the rebanding delay and the reason you are hearing about picking up new radio`s is because Pinellas is switching to full time P-25. EMS and Fire already have the XTS5000`s now police agencies are replacing their MTS2000`s with XTS5000`s.

kayleesdad

I wonder if they will put that P25 system at cc 856.9375 to some use. That appears to be registered to the City of St. Pete, rather than Pinellas County. Registration has been updated to 2015, but never hear any activity there. Maybe just for public safety emergencies? Seems like quite an infrastructure for so little use.

UT shows band plan:

APCO p25 BEE00-802
Base Lo High Space Slots
764.00625 01-0000 01-4095 6.25 0
851.00625 00-0000 00-4095 6.25 1

kayleesdad

If I can find a radio tech, I'll ask 'em. Or go to work for Pinellas County, if I had the qualifications for the job posting below. didn't know there was a 460 trunked here.

RADIO COMMUNICATIONS ANALYST
Job Code
Pay Grade
CL15
Nature of Work
This is analytical, technical, and administrative work assisting in the planning, coordination, installation, and maintenance of the County's radio communications systems.
An employee in this class will assist in the day to day management of the Countywide 800 and 460 MHZ trunked radio system, supporting Fire and EMS, public works, emergency communications systems in the County Emergency Operations Center and all other agencies operating on the Countywide system. Independent coordination and judgment is required in dealing with other municipalities, user departments and agencies. During times of activation of the EOC, the employee will be a principal assistant to the Manager in supervising the EOC communications center operation. This employee may direct the activities of other technical personnel under the supervision of the Radio Systems Manager. A manager or supervisor reviews incumbent work for technical

Code_Brown

Banned
If I can find a radio tech, I'll ask 'em. Or go to work for Pinellas County, if I had the qualifications for the job posting below. didn't know there was a 460 trunked here.

RADIO COMMUNICATIONS ANALYST
Job Code
Pay Grade
CL15
Nature of Work
This is analytical, technical, and administrative work assisting in the planning, coordination, installation, and maintenance of the County's radio communications systems.
An employee in this class will assist in the day to day management of the Countywide 800 and 460 MHZ trunked radio system, supporting Fire and EMS, public works, emergency communications systems in the County Emergency Operations Center and all other agencies operating on the Countywide system. Independent coordination and judgment is required in dealing with other municipalities, user departments and agencies. During times of activation of the EOC, the employee will be a principal assistant to the Manager in supervising the EOC communications center operation. This employee may direct the activities of other technical personnel under the supervision of the Radio Systems Manager. A manager or supervisor reviews incumbent work for technical

There you go Ryan jump on it.

kayleesdad

That other management/supervisory communications position would be better for Ryan, so he has more influence and maybe an expense account/slush fund for new scanners.

Code_Brown

Banned
That other management/supervisory communications position would be better for Ryan, so he has more influence and maybe an expense account/slush fund for new scanners.

I need to befriend a radio tech so i can get a radio programmed.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
There you go Ryan jump on it.

It looks like it was removed from the county site. I'm sure I don't meet the education criteria anyway since I haven't gone to college yet. I never really considered a career as a radio tech till just now, I'll have to explore other opportunities.

Back on topic... there will be a lot of angry local scanner geeks if they encrypt everything. I'm fine with als to hospital and uc channels, but if they encrypt dispatch and tacs then that's going to take a toll on my business!

Status
Not open for further replies.