Pinellas county School Buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngel

I heard that they are on the P25 system somewhere but I have not ever heard anything that sounds like school buses I can only pick up site 5. A few years ago they were 900 MHz LTR but that system has been removed from the Pinellas page

crash1

they are they are on the p25 system they are using talk groups 1062 or something like that the reason why you can't hear him there encrypted.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
they are they are on the p25 system they are using talk groups 1062 or something like that the reason why you can't hear him there encrypted.
That jives with what I have.

I've got TGs 1062 through 1070, all encrypted. RIDs are from 4629902 to 4630689 +/-

ngel

That jives with what I have.

I've got TGs 1062 through 1070, all encrypted. RIDs are from 4629902 to 4630689 +/-

I like to know what is the logic of encryption on buses , school or PSTA, when almost all police agencies have their dispatch open in Pinellas?I would say greater 70-80% talkgroups on Pinellas are not encrypted. There is no reason what so ever to Encrypt buses, not to mention the costs associated with keeping the encryption code up. I guess they fell for the Motorola sales pitch.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
That jives with what I have. I've got TGs 1062 through 1070, all encrypted.

Since this info was recently posted, I see that some of these TGs are actually listed in the Pinellas County P25 system RR page, but there is no indication that these TGs are for schools or school buses. If anyone is fairly confident of these assignments, would it be possible to report them to RR so they could be labeled appropriately in the RR database?
Thanks.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I guess they fell for the Motorola sales pitch.

No need for a sales pitch when single key AES256 is free.

Considering school seem to be big soft targets for people determined to kill kids, I can understand the want for encryption.

Yes want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.