Pinella's County ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
Going to be in the Pinella’s/Hillbourgh area next week. This use to be a 3 times a year trip for me but its been 2 years and like here in Cleveland these have changed. Can someone advise me on what system or systems to get into my HP-1. My main interests are all the cites on the coast from St. Pete Beach to Clearwater, and the city of St Petersburg. Will the HP-1 work on thjese systems?? Thanks in advance for any help.

kayleesdad

Pcso 3 covers a lot of that coastal area, I think, on the mot ii and p25 systems. Probably stick with the analog system with a-3 and b-3. Clearwater on its own edacs, st pete on p25 site 4 only, st pete beach and gulfport check notes on p25 page.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
I guess you would do better if you looked Pinellas County instead of Pinela's County on RR. I have both pro 96 and 97 radios and both work fine with RR data loaded.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Pinellas County, Florida (FL) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Hillsborough County, Florida (FL) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

That should point you in the right direction. FYI it's "Pinellas" and 'Hillsbough."

Assuming you want to listen to public safety in Pinellas you should program the following systems using the info from the RR database: Pinellas County MOT, Pinellas County P25, Clearwater EDACS. If you want Hillsborough too, nearly everything public safety related in the county is on Hillsborough EDACS.

Enjoy.

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
HP1 Will Git Er Dun

Going to be in the Pinella’s/Hillbourgh area next week. This use to be a 3 times a year trip for me but its been 2 years and like here in Cleveland these have changed. Can someone advise me on what system or systems to get into my HP-1. My main interests are all the cites on the coast from St. Pete Beach to Clearwater, and the city of St Petersburg. Will the HP-1 work on thjese systems?? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Tonya.

Hope your stay is going well here in Pinellas county. Sorry it is so darn cold down here.....as they always say, if you were here one week ago it would have been......

I own an HP1 and use it with some other scanners here. I am in north Pinellas, near Honeymoon Island. The HP1 will monitor most everything in Pinellas county except for FHP and some special county TG's like SWAT and other tactical/critical intervention talk-groups. Those are usually encrypted.

Let us know how you make out with your monitoring experience using the HP1.

Vince

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.