Pinellas Public Safety System(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Thanks to everyone who offered comments on my earlier thread re Fire Dispatch areas.

Now I have another question. Now that there are two separate but related county-wide radio systems in Pinellas, what determines which agency and/or unit uses which system?

Currently, it appears that the systems are patched together so that analog users are heard by digital users and vice versa. Are there plans to separate the systems at some future time? If that happens, is it known which agencies will go digital and which will remain analog?

Inquiring minds....

-JK

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
The plan is to migrate all public safety agencies to the P25 system. They're just bringing agencies/users over slowly. The patches will occur while the agency is testing and still migrating equipment. Then eventually the patch will drop and they'll use the P25 system exclusively.

ngel

Currently, no fire, ems or med is patched or in use on the P25 system. They are probably waiting till all 7 sites/zones are set up.

Actually Fire Tac F is patched into the P25 system right now and has been for quite some time. There is even a talk group listed on the database for it. However fire Tac F is not used very often.

Once the new public safety dispatch center at the Sheriffs office is complete you will see the big agencies moving over such as Fire, Sheriff and Sunstar. This should be happening sometime near the end of the summer.

Actually Fire Tac F is patched into the P25 system right now and has been for quite some time. There is even a talk group listed on the database for it. However fire Tac F is not used very often.

Once the new public safety dispatch center at the Sheriffs office is complete you will see the big agencies moving over such as Fire, Sheriff and Sunstar. This should be happening sometime near the end of the summer.

My apologies, for missing 1F, I am even the one submitted that. I was referring to the commonly used TGs. As far as when everybody is converting, I can't say differently as I don't have that info. I do know that the new PSC and the associated tower are due to be operational in Oct. The new PSC consoles, will more likely then not ONLY have P25 in them, in which case the actual switch over and patching will need to be done before that. In addition, I do not know the time frame for activating all 7 zones of the radio system, but can only guess it will be around the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.