Pineville P25 PhaseII

RickH

Since there are only 2 talkgroups listed for this site, I have my SDS100 set to search for this site. For the second time in a couple of weeks, I am hearing transmissions on unknown talk groups. They are in the 44xxx range, with a couple on 50211 and 50233. Any idea what may going on in Pineville?

trumpetman

Database Admin
It looks like your scanner has picked up a control channel from a co-channel user, in this case, I'm betting you're hearing the Palmetto 800 Greenville simulcast who uses 853.8625 as a control channel just like Pineville. If you apply a site NAC to your Pineville site (NAC = 00A) then it will ignore other systems that use the same frequencies.

RickH

It looks like your scanner has picked up a control channel from a co-channel user, in this case, I'm betting you're hearing the Palmetto 800 Greenville simulcast who uses 853.8625 as a control channel just like Pineville. If you apply a site NAC to your Pineville site (NAC = 00A) then it will ignore other systems that use the same frequencies.

The NAC is 00A for Pineville, however did not notice the NAC for the talk groups that appeared. Have only noticed this twice, and both early in morning. If I was hearing the Palmetto 800, wouldn't I be hearing transmissions all day long?