Piney Island EWR MILAIR on 143.75 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piney Island East Coast Electronic Warfare Range in eastern Carteret County NC had some air-to-air tactical ops trying to hit enemy convoys and bridges and intersections with planes out of Pope AFB and Cherry Point --business as usual-- except they were operating on
143.75 Mhz AM !!!! ( thankfully there was no local CAP activity at the time )

they musta chosen this discrete freq at random, as the usually use 149.325 Mhz AM
around BT-11......( BT-11 is a SAM missle site out there..)

Barefootdipole
Carteret County NC

K4NRG

I'm new to the area, Carteret County, and I've been amazed the last few days by the amount of traffic all over the milair band. I am fairly new to milair monitoring and have had an absolute blast! I rushed around to put radios in service that haven't been used since I moved just to try to catch as much as I could!
2 - IC R100
PCR1000
IC R7100
Optocom
BC785D
BC296D
TS-2000X for HF

Wife thinks I'm nuts but I'm having a blast.

Welcome !

K4NRG said:
I'm new to the area, Carteret County, and I've been amazed the last few days by the amount of traffic all over the milair band. I am fairly new to milair monitoring and have had an absolute blast! I rushed around to put radios in service that haven't been used since I moved just to try to catch as much as I could!
2 - IC R100
PCR1000
IC R7100
Optocom
BC785D
BC296D
TS-2000X for HF

Wife thinks I'm nuts but I'm having a blast.

K4NRG, Welcome to Carteret County....you're gonna love it...for MilAir it's like being a kid set free in a candy store ! Even on the slowest day it's a TARGET RICH ENVIRONMENT !!!

I sure wish I had some way to band scan and collect active freqs with an activity counter, like some of the older scanners tried to do decades ago.....

"making a list and checking it twice....gonna find out who's naughty and nice.....scanner freaks are coming to town....."

this USN Exercise here is really Christmas in July !!!!

Barefootdipole

nexus

damn those military people! Do they think they can just pick and choose any frequency they want to use? hahah... I wonder if they might of activated some CAP repeaters that don't have ctcss on them? 143.750 is the repeater input for 148.1250.

Status
Not open for further replies.