Ping: 38Racing - comments from the wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This individual wrote this in the talk page of the sandbox...
----------------
I recently bought a radio shack pro162.got the frequencies for my county which went to the trunking system.i do know the went to the motorola freq..but the freq.i got dont say if i need to progra them for motorola or the regular way of programming.they are 500 and 800 freq.
---------------

Please be more specific. What county are you trying to program? Go to our database (the link is under the RadioReference logo in the blue toolbar on the left), find your county and supply the URL. That way, folks know from where you need to start.

73 Mike

38racing

----------------
I recently bought a radio shack pro162.got the frequencies for my county which went to the trunking system.i do know the went to the motorola freq..but the freq.i got dont say if i need to progra them for motorola or the regular way of programming.they are 500 and 800 freq.
---------------

Please be more specific. What county are you trying to program? Go to our database (the link is under the RadioReference logo in the blue toolbar on the left), find your county and supply the URL. That way, folks know from where you need to start.

73 Mike

york county.did find out they went to the project p 25 system. when i bouhgt this scanner i was told i would be able to recieve and program there freq.

38racing

----------------
---------------

73 Mike

sorry mike. york county,pa. onother question.do now they went to the P25 system .which in this county is a motorola system ,programed the freq.in and talk groups.but can't find the fleet map for this system to program it into my scanner.if any one has it please put it up on the page for me. thank you.hope i did this all right

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is a P25 system, and as such, a PRO-162 won't cut it. You need a digital trunktracker for this system - we have them fully documented in our wiki.

Click on the link below (anything in blue is a link) and then the model you wish to investigate.

Category:Digital Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

I would take questions on the York system to our Pennsylvania forum where you can find folks local to you to give you advice as to which of these seems to work the best with this system

73 Mike

[edit] Here are 2 threads you probably should read in their entirety

http://forums.radioreference.com/pe...m/172776-best-handheld-scanner-york-area.html

http://forums.radioreference.com/pe...937-york-county-harris-rf-com-p25-system.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.