Ping Plotter help- Proscan error codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodian

Feed Provider
I host two Broadcastify scanner feeds, using ProScan and RadioFeed. I get multiple similar error codes several times a day on both feeds, and can't seem to pinpoint whats going on.
They usually start with Error Code 10- "Unable to write data to the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."
Afterwards within a one minute span, i get about 4 "Error code 1- Unable to connect to Broadcastify server."

Sometimes after the Error code 10, i'll get an Error code 3- Mountpoint in use.
System is direct connected via ethernet cable to an Apple Airport router. I don't believe this is associated with the computers hardware, as i had recently upgraded computer systems, and the problem followed it.

I had downloaded and ran Ping Plotter and was able to capture data while experiencing the problem. Unfortunately i don't really know how to decipher it. It looks to me that the problem is on my ISP's side, am i correct?

IMG_7503.jpg

n0nhp

I am NOT a network engineer, nor do I play one on TV.
That said, I have gone through this on my feed. Yes it looks like Charter is experiencing packet loss/slow return on your first hop. In my case there was a bad amplifier on my neighborhood concentrator. I would complain and be told that no problem was being reported at the time of the report. I saved and printed a months worth of PP data, computed the outage time and went to pay the bill in person. Told the cashier that I was pro-rating my payment to the time I actually had service. I gave her the copies and asked her to get them to the proper people along with my bill payment.
I saw a truck in the neighborhood in the next couple of days and amazingly my problems disappeared.
Don't know if my solution will work for you or not. My outages usually lasted for several minutes during the hottest time of the day and I assume the amp was dropping out from thermal overload. Of course I never heard from anyone at the business.

Bruce

goodian

Feed Provider
I am NOT a network engineer, nor do I play one on TV.
That said, I have gone through this on my feed. Yes it looks like Charter is experiencing packet loss/slow return on your first hop. In my case there was a bad amplifier on my neighborhood concentrator. I would complain and be told that no problem was being reported at the time of the report. I saved and printed a months worth of PP data, computed the outage time and went to pay the bill in person. Told the cashier that I was pro-rating my payment to the time I actually had service. I gave her the copies and asked her to get them to the proper people along with my bill payment.
I saw a truck in the neighborhood in the next couple of days and amazingly my problems disappeared.
Don't know if my solution will work for you or not. My outages usually lasted for several minutes during the hottest time of the day and I assume the amp was dropping out from thermal overload. Of course I never heard from anyone at the business.

Bruce
Im thinking something like this is happening here. Its very intermittent, sometimes happens multiple times a day, sometimes will go days without it happening. Its been happening a lot less now that the warmer weather has come. During the winter it was about 10 times a day. Fortunately its not down for long when it drops out.

Status
Not open for further replies.