• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Pinout Diagram DB25 Connector VX6000

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwelty

Premium Subscriber
Looking for a pinout diagram for the DB25 connector on the VX6000 (maybe also the same for the VX4000/5500??) I need to interface a 2 tone encoder to one and I have not been successful on any response from Vetex tech support. A pdf would be great in that I will need to interface some headset systems soon also.

Thanks
Dan

TRNcommLLC

Feed Provider
Here you go Dan.
Also the Service manual is on it's way to your email.

DSUB 25-PIN ACCESSORY CONNECTOR
Pin 1: RSSI [Analog Output]
Pin 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6: SELECT, DSUB 03, DSUB 04, DSUB 05 & DSUB 06 [Digital Input Port]
Pin 7: E [GND]
Pin 8: A KEY OUT [Universal Output Port]
Pin 9: TXD [Digital Output for Alignment software]
Pin 10: RXD [Digital Input for Alignment software]
Pin 11: EXT PTT
Pin 12: MIC MUTE
Pin 13: TXDI [Digital Input for DATA Communications]
Pin 14: DC OUT [13.4 V/5 V DC Output]
Pin 15: IGN [Ignition Sense feature]
Pin 16: NC [NO connection]
Pin 17: RX DO [Digital Output for DATA Communications]
Pin 18: E [GND]
Pins 19, 20, 21, & 22: DSUB 19, DSUB 20, DSUB 21 and DSUB 22
Pin 23: EXT SQL [Squelch Signal Output]
Pin 24: SP MUTE [Speaker Mute Output]
Pin 25: E [GND]

If you need more let me know.

John

Last edited:

KC0OJI

VX4000 manual

John, could I get a copy of this service manual as well? Your pinout info already helped - it turns on now!

Dave, KJ0C

buckyswider

Hi! Thought I'd piggyback onto this thread with the hope that John gets notified- he hasn't visited since November last year...

Anyhow, I have a VX-5500, and I'm wondering if/how the "ignition sense" cable works on that model. I see from the pinout that #16 is Ignition sense on the 6000, but I also see in a VX5500 rogue service manual sinppet there on the interwebs:

Pin 15: IGN[Ignition Sense feature]The VX-5500 may automatically be switched tothe STAND-BY mode when the vehicle's ignition key is turned on.Maximum current is 20 mA.This feature is only enabled on transceivers con-figured for Dual Deck operation

SO, I'm wondering if this is correct...and if so, how in da heck do we set one of these up to go hot with the ignition and turn off when the car is turned off?? The owner's manual says to connect to battery ONLY and specifically indicates to NOT hook up to the fuse box.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.