Alinco: Pinout for DJ-500T mic/spk

Status
Not open for further replies.

99sh

Does anyone here have a schematic for the MIC/SPK/PTT interface?

I'm trying to fab up a remote headset and looking for info. My follow-on question is whether this unit shares the same adapter as something else? The Icom S3 looks visually identical.

thanks!
Arax

Hans13

I, too, would like to know. I figure that since the MFJ-295I lapel microphone is supposed to work, it could be traced through one of those other radio manufacturers' pinouts. I haven't done an exhaustive search but if I do find something, I will post back here.

I currently use a Motorola 50225 lapel mic from 1998 so that pinout should be correct.

Hans13

^ How did you figure the FT-411 is compatible with the Alinco?

Because... "That is listed on the previous website as compatible." MFJ was listing this as compatible. It was also a synthesized answer from my search that night because the Motorola 50225 works and I did multiple cross references between. I could still be wrong. I do agree with you that photo of the Alinco mic appears to have three rings upon closer inspection. However, I am looking at my "Motorola 50225 lapel mic from 1998" which I referenced earlier. It has only two rings on both studs and it works 100% wonderfully on the DJ-500T. It is the only lapel mic that I have for the handheld and I have used it a lot so I know it works. It is an S connector from that connector chart website linked earlier.

Perhaps Alinco only uses two of the rings on the 2.5mm plug for the DJ-500 2nd generation?

If you figure it out for certain, I would very much like to know. :)

P.s. At first glance, it looks to me that if one wants an angle connector, S3 is the way to go. If one wants a straight out connector, S is the way to go; for the DJ-500 2nd gen at least. I think that the extra ring is NC/don't care on the handheld. Thoughts?

Hans13

Here is the pinout for the Motorola 2 pin plug that I have been using since I got the DJ-500 2nd gen. Unfortunately, mine is a straight connector instead of the angled type. :(

Motorola 2 Pin Wiring Data | Wildtalk

Edited to add:
Maybe the third ring is to protect the radio and speaker mic if someone connected it to an ICOM. This diagram shows 5 volts on that extra ring. I wouldn't want to plug this Motorola S(1?) connector into that radio! IMHO, it is probably NC on the DJ-500.

http://www.wildtalk.com/knowledge-base/icom-lmr-2-pin-wiring-data/

Last edited:

99sh

The Alinco DJ500T is a rebranded Anytone AT-3318UV-D series and those use the same speaker mics as Wouxun and Baofeng, which is Kenwood compatible.
prcguy

That's a false statement. The Beofeng has the exact opposite interconnect on the two audio plugs. It uses the 2.5 for speaker out, while the Alinco uses that for mic. It's not even the same connector spacing. Beofeng is 12mm apart, while Alinco is 10mm.

Hans13

The Alinco DJ500T is a rebranded Anytone AT-3318UV-D series and those use the same speaker mics as Wouxun and Baofeng, which is Kenwood compatible.
prcguy

Yes, they are essentially the same radio but, AFAIK, the connector is not the same.

None of my Kenwood accessories, used here by me for Baofeng and other CCR radios, fit my Alinco DJ-500T 2nd generation. My good friend and Elmer has the Anytone AT-3318UV-D and his speaker mics do not fit my DJ-500T. The Kenwood pins are slightly farther apart and will not insert without breaking the DJ-500T port.

99sh

If you're looking to cross-reference the Alinco to other radios, select Icom's seems to work based on this picture. One caveat, it doesn't list the lengths of each 2.5 & 3.5mm plugs. Assuming the lengths are correct, this is a good reference.

https://www.senabluetoothaustralia....io-cable-with-straight-type-for-midl/SC-A0117

SC-A0117.png

Hans13

I also just used my pocket micrometer and read about 8mm, center to center, between the pins. That is the same as Motorola 2 Pin Wiring Data | Wildtalk.

The diagram 99sh posted is not correct in regards to the 10mm, center to center, measurement between pins. Did you make that diagram or did you find it somewhere on the interwebz, 99sh?

99sh

The dimensions and interconnect are from Alinco Japan, the sketch is mine.

Last edited:

99sh

I also just used my pocket micrometer and read about 8mm, center to center, between the pins. That is the same as Motorola 2 Pin Wiring Data | Wildtalk.

The diagram 99sh posted is not correct in regards to the 10mm, center to center, measurement between pins. Did you make that diagram or did you find it somewhere on the interwebz, 99sh?

Just measured my DJ-500T, it's 10mm center to center. What radio do you have?

Hans13

Just measured my DJ-500T, it's 10mm center to center. What radio do you have?

It's 10mm. I derped and haven't used my Executive Pocket Chum in many years; no other micrometers left in my tools. A year or so in these bifocals and I still haven't adjusted; it didn't help matters much. I had to calibrate on paper with a precision ruler and found my error using the Pocket Chum. Sorry about that. :)

Also, I didn't see any of the messages in between mine. I assume you are on moderate because you are new. That's some very good information you posted and I appreciate it. Other DJ-500 2nd generation owners will find this stuff useful for years to come, as we know, information on this radio is light on the web.

So, it looks like the middle part on the 2.5 mm jack is NC as expected. That's good. Like I posted, there are only two rings on the each post for this Motorola 50225 and it works so I have to suspect that there really isn't 5V on that ring from the DJ-500???

My lousy measurement shows 14mm length on the 3.5mm diameter post and 11mm length on the 2.5mm diameter post for the Motorola 50225. It seems to fit in easily and has never come out by accident, even when losing control of the body of the radio and holding the mic. Please, take my measurements with a grain of skepticism. I had to take off my bifocals and use a magnifying glass. :D

EDIT: I am butchering: tip, ring, and sleeve all over these posts. There is only tip and sleeve for each post on the Motorola 50225.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.