PIPD on Conventional VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Hey all. Was doing some searching on VHF, just to scan around and came across something pretty interesting.

Sounds to me like Palisades Interstate PD is possibly patched? to their conventional VHF Tac(or channel 2).

Heard it last night about 22:30-2300. Their channel 2 backup VHF, and proper PL(151.4) which I am nearly certain is what sounded like P25 audio.

Is this temporary, or something that was done in the past?

Nick

MFR465

Hey, Nick... it was never "down" but merely repurposed as a VHF inter-op mainly for EMS response to the Parkway. While I don't know the reasoning behind this recent find, Id venture to guess it involves the rebuild process post-fire at their HQ.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Hey, Nick... it was never "down" but merely repurposed as a VHF inter-op mainly for EMS response to the Parkway. While I don't know the reasoning behind this recent find, Id venture to guess it involves the rebuild process post-fire at their HQ.

Hey man! Good call, never thought of that. I’m going to monitor it further and see what happens.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
State of New Jersey

Palisades Interstate Park Commission
NextLevel.gif

VHF Police Channels are used for back up to NJICS and or local tactical communications.
New Jersey Interoperability Communications System (NJICS)
Project 25 Phase II
PIP Police on this system (Encryption Sometimes Used)
Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
155.45250 KNCV394 RM265 DPLPIP PD 1Police 1 (Back Up) FMN Law Tac
154.89000 KNCV394 BM151.4 PLPIP PD 2Police 2 (Back Up) FMN Law Tac
156.10500 KUQ516 BM151.4 PLPIP MantHighway Maintenance FMN

FireBuff44

Hey all. Was doing some searching on VHF, just to scan around and came across something pretty interesting.

Sounds to me like Palisades Interstate PD is possibly patched? to their conventional VHF Tac(or channel 2).

Heard it last night about 22:30-2300. Their channel 2 backup VHF, and proper PL(151.4) which I am nearly certain is what sounded like P25 audio.

Is this temporary, or something that was done in the past?

Nick

I believe you are hearing NYS Parks @ Bear Mountain, NY who has a patch between VHF and their Rockland Co talkgroup. .

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I believe you are hearing NYS Parks @ Bear Mountain, NY who has a patch between VHF and their Rockland Co talkgroup. .
That's certainly possible, as 154.890 (151.4 PL) is Bear Mountain's primary VHF frequency. Has been for decades, in fact. And yes, there is a full-time patch in place between that repeater and TG 2121 on the RCPSCS that was put online a few years ago.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Good call. Especially as of these last few days a lot of people have been out. A lot of PD too up there.

I can say with certainty it was P25 audio and it was incredibly clear in my driveway in Ringwood. So wherever it was transmitting from had nice height and some power for sure.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The repeater is up on top of Perkins Memorial Tower in Bear Mtn. Very high site that gets out strong for dozens of miles all around.

Very easy to identify them. Dispatcher is "Bear Mountain" and the cars are all 8Fxx, or sometimes abbreviated 86x for the Rangers (they drop the F, but technically they're all 8F6x).

If you have a Phase II capable scanner, listen to the RCPSCS TG 2121 and see if the audio matches up.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
There was a very enhanced band opening the evening prior to NJPark starting this thread. If you were monitoring that evening perhaps that helped with receiving Bear Mountain? I was hearing a lot of unusual signals mostly from the north that evening thru about 11:30pm from my location in southern Jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.